Thursday, July 06, 2006

About A Boy Name JT...

Finally, I managed to connect with JT on msn. He seemed unusally happy. I can sense joy oozing out through his msn. He was sharing with me about his playing in the indoor stadium, his playing for Reinhard Bonnke and so on.... it was like a verbal diarrhea...

On one hand, I was really happy that he is moving on with God after leaving Hope. It is obvious (at least from what I can sense) that he is doig better in Him and for Him.

But on the other hand, I am sad because it is like having one of my spiritual sons taken from me. I was there when he came to our church as a Secondary School student. I was there when he first picked up guitar. I was there to encourage him to use his musical gift for God.

I was really torned on the inside... The head says, "yeah God... more is being done for your Kingdom!" The heart says, "no... we should have done this together!"

Time only will heal...

5 Comments:

Blogger Beautiful Instrument said...

ya, agree.. :)

July 17, 2006 10:55 pm  
Blogger Beautiful Instrument said...

ya, agree.. :)

July 17, 2006 11:06 pm  
Blogger Beautiful Instrument said...

ya, agree.. :)

July 17, 2006 11:07 pm  
Blogger salsa screams said...

I think it's not by coincidence that I have chanced upon your journal. (Linked from Tiger's Den while looking for a picture of it for work) I was once too, with Hope for a year half or so. During my secondary school days too! I'm thankful for Jesus' first touch with Hope, and the time people like then Adeline (now known as Ruth) has sacrificed her time, listening and sharing about Jesus. With my young faith back then, I could never understand why were people always so on but I guess, through the years, Jesus has molded me to be one of those whom I could have imagined myself to be.

I am, sad to say somewhat struggling with my stint as a contract teacher and how it has drained me despite my love for teaching. Thank you for your write up on how God deals with us in our ministry, for even reminding me all that has happened is safely within God's work pattern. (and He's still in control :D ) This challanging child seems to be the thing that requires me to toughen my faith.

Thank you, Pastor Jeff :D

Blessings,
Yvonne
(Was in Hope from June 2000 to Dec 2001)

March 16, 2008 9:38 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Good to hear from you Yvonne! You are always welcome back to Hope :)

March 17, 2008 5:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home