Saturday, July 08, 2006

A Most Unusal Saturday

It was a very unusual Saturday. For the first service, I was really moved in my heart to heat up the value of outreach. Shirley asked if I was agitated. I guessed I was in both good and and bad ways.

In a bad way that I was rather impatient (again!) with the way things are done (forgive me God). To reach beyond 1000, I know how certain things and certain ways that we have to take. I believe that my facts were absolutely right but keeping my spirit right is the challenging part for me.

It was good in the sense that it was what was needed to be shared with passion. It should propel the groups forward towards God's best for us all.

For the second service, I did not plan to do the same as I did in the first preaching. I had just wanted to complete my scripted work and no more. But part way through the talk, I felt that it was a waste of time if I did not communicate the core message that was placed in my heart. I stopped at the first point (think its a first for me to stop part way through my sermon) and gave the challenge to reach out. I ended there and then as I saw it pointless to go through the motion. I saw it as a leadership move rather than just going through the "business as usual" route.

For the third service, the preaching went as per scripted. I felt heaven's smile upon me as I shared his heart to the people with clarity and conviction. I must say that the Spirit was clearly with me

It was a most unusual Saturday... 3 different routes for 3 different preachings using 1 same script. Anyway, I want to learn to live on the edge in flowing with God's thoughts.

Tomorrow is yet another challenging day coming up. I wonder how long can I last in this regime. I really don't know and honestly, I don't really care. As long as God is with me, I guess I should be just fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home