Tuesday, September 09, 2008

My Hong Kong Experience

Had arrived in Hong Kong since Tuesday. Had spent some tremendous time with some wonderful people. We have walked the street of Hong Kong till dark, tasted some exotic food (like smelly toufu & some spare parts of some animals), laughed our hearts out, visited Macau and ate some more.

I really enjoyed my self very much. Although this is my 4th or 5th trip to Hong Kong, it is the company that made the difference.

I learnt quite a fair bit from th teaching on “An Indigenous Church” as well. The key learning for me was the distinction between contextualization and indigenization. It was helpful to me.

Then on Sunday, I was put in a most unusual position when quite a number of the delegates at the conference celebrated my birthday with me. I was completely caught unaware when the chairperson announced that there was a special segment from the Hope Singapore team. I honestly thought that it was some missions testimony or presentation.

And lo and behold, when a cake was brought forth, I really did not know how to respond. I appreciate the love and the gesture very dearly in my heart. I am really thankful for the many friends that God has placed in my life. I am truly blessed!

On the other hand, I am really not good at such situations. Suddenly, I did not know where to place my hands or how I should be standing or I should even be breathing!

Thanks people for making my day a most memorable one! I appreciate all you well wishes and friendship and partnership in the Kingdom so very greatly!

The evening was spent having dinner with the many of the pastors from all over the world. It was a most refreshing time for me to eat and hear stories from other leaders.

Thank God and thank you all!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Appreciate your love & effort in serving God & His people all these years! :-)

September 09, 2008 10:52 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

thanks cols! Appreciate those very kind words...

September 09, 2008 10:48 pm  
Blogger The Recreation Corner said...

Happy Belated Birthday Pastor!

September 10, 2008 1:06 am  
Blogger Joab said...

I had a fruitful time at LC too! (:

Happy Belated Birthday and pray that God will continue to anoint you! (:

Thank God for growing young christians like me in my walk with God! You're an amazingly engaging and hilarious pastor who can deliver the WOG so well! Haha~

God bless,
Joab (:

September 10, 2008 1:08 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy happy belated bday Ps Jeff :)Mmm..wish could have a bit of yer cake and hang out with you guys in Hong Kong :) This segment of your blog is 'mouth watering' I believe that there are many outside the borders of Singapore and spread across the seven seas that you have been blessed & impacted by you life and ministry. Appreciate you heaps! May God continue to stretch your tents and cause His annointing to overflow in and through you. The best is yet to come :) beNG

September 10, 2008 7:47 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

hAPY belated bday Ps Jeff :) wow! this section of your blog is sooo 'mouth watering' :)Hope Movement wouldn't have a funny bone without ya :) Truly thank God for your authenticity and ministry. Your influence and impact has gone beyond the borders of Singapore and across the seven seas. May God continue to enlarge your tent pegs and His favour abound in you as you start a new chapter in your life. Appreciate you heaps! bENG

September 10, 2008 8:30 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

wooops!!..sory sory i wrote twice..i tot da first didn't save so i wrote another one. Didn't know need blog owner approval..wooops wooops!

September 10, 2008 8:31 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Thanks andrew & joab. glad to serve God with all of you :)

September 10, 2008 10:47 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Thanks beng! glad to be of help to people, inside and outside of Spore :)

Hope to see you soon!

September 10, 2008 5:46 pm  
Blogger yeu@nn said...

Blessed belated birthday brother Ps Jeff! :) hee... really tks for all the little moments when you take time to ask us how we are... personally, can really sense your love and heartbeat for us all... it's very real and warm! :D and not forgetting your classic challenge to the uni students when you preached last time... "Don't just get a piece of paper when you go through 4 years of uni life... it's.just.plain.sick!" Thanks for encouraging and exhorting us to live our lives in a way worthy of His calling!

And haha, really seen how you have grown even more (even tho you were already a v mature brother back during youth service days)... even tho i see you from afar and only bits and pieces here, just want to share that i've been inspired by how you maintain your faith, hope and love for Christ and his flock, even tho there are very difficult times and moments of great disappointment (can sense those times...), you've grown from glory to glory and strength to strength.

Thank you for being an example to us all, especially the men... and thanks for being an inspiration example to me personally to love and live for God all my life!

Thank God for you, dear Ps Jeff... you and Claudia are a great joy to us all, no matter how near or far. :D

September 13, 2008 11:41 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

thanks yeu ann... your words are most encouraging to Claudia and I :)

September 14, 2008 5:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home