Sunday, August 03, 2008

18.029km

18.029km…that was the reading on my pedometer after my 3 preaching on Saturday!

I attended all the 3 services and preached in the 3 services as well. I was pleasantly surprised that I covered so much ground. I have heard research stating that one preaching is equivalent to 9 hours of work in the office in terms of the mental and emotional energy required. But I have never seen or read any statistics in terms of the distance covered during preaching.

My guess is that it depends on the preacher too. For me, I do walk around quite a fair bit and that explains for the distance covered. No wonder I always look forward to a foot massage after a whole weekend of preaching.

So the conclusion is that when you preach, you do more than just exercise your spiritual gifts. You exercise your body as well!

No wonder the bible says in Romans 10:15…

How beautiful are the feet (and legs) of those who bring good news!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1 preaching session = 9 hours of work in the office? Obviously, the researcher is not fit (literally) to be a preacher - that's why he's a researcher. It would also be interesting to correlate the preacher to the volume of water/saliva consumed. :)

August 03, 2008 8:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful post!can i link your blog to my blog??anyway ytd i was early for F.O.P....not late no need to join the queue under the hot sun:)have a great week!
god bless!

August 03, 2008 10:13 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

haha... preachers have to be fit!

Sure thing Kathleen. you have a great week too.

August 03, 2008 10:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anyway u can go visit my blog too=)http://peace-and-quiet-world.blogspot.com

August 04, 2008 8:01 am  
Blogger Mr C said...

hi ps. this is christian here frm hope kuching. mmm...u must come and share again the secret of 'talking-without-breathing' method. i guess many ones here will sign up :@)

August 04, 2008 9:41 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Will visit your blog Kathleen.

haha Christian. I do breathe in between 10 sentences :) it is wonderful to hear from you!

August 04, 2008 10:02 am  
Blogger Mr C said...

haha 10 sentences? ok... will try that, maybe need more exercise to build our stamina here. K, be bless!

August 04, 2008 5:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey thnks for visiting my blog.haha romans10:15 is it

"And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:


“ How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace,
Who bring glad tidings of good things!”

wah!good preacher like you bring good things to us is very true haha

August 06, 2008 11:25 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

thanks kathleen for your very kind words...

August 06, 2008 8:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home