Sunday, July 13, 2008

3 Great Days!

The last 3 days have been such a blast!

It kicked off with a wonderful prayer meeting with all the care leaders and above in the whole church on Friday. The prayer atmosphere was fantastic as we prayed and interceded for the church and for one another. One leader told me that it was wonderful to be among people who really want to pray. I could not agree more.

Then on Saturday morning, Claudia and I were at one of our core leader’s mum cementation. Although it was a sad occasion, there were many comforting stuff. It may not be appropriate to share here. Anyhow, I enjoyed the time with some of the other leaders over breakfast. It was a heart warming time together.

In the afternoon, we were invited to join the JEDI (led by CN and Christine) for their prayer meet followed by some food and fellowship. I really enjoyed the time of prayer together. I also had the opportunity to connect more with the many of these upcoming exciting leaders.

Saturday evening was spent with the Adults 2007 Camp Committee. We had our dinner together and I took the opportunity to envision all of us for the 2008 camp. Let me assure you that it was very exciting to even just think of the idea. More details will be furnished when more homework and groundwork are completed.

Sunday morning started with the service prayer leading. I was pleasantly surprised by the youthful and bright outfit for the whole worship team and the choir. They looked really cool (unlike me)!

After the prayer meeting, I took a short walk to Cineleisure for our Mandarin service. I preached from the book of Acts. Believe it, it was not easy but God worked through me anyhow : ) We were all challenged and promised to pray and work towards seeing 3 new people in each of our Mandarin care group by the end of the quarter.

Most of all, I was really excited to meet at least 5 new young people in the Mandarin service. The energy and creative level has certainly gone up a few notches.

After lunch, Ying Soon and I walked from Cienleisure to YWCA for the water baptism. Upon reaching YWCA after the walk under the hot sun, I was once again baptized in my own perspiration.

For this round, we have a total of 107 people getting drenched for Jesus. An 87-year-old uncle got baptized as well. Many of his children and grandchildren were at the ceremony. In my recollection, he could be the oldest baptisee in our church as yet.

After 3 days of meeting and praying and speaking, I was thinking of ways to reward myself. And thanks to some recommendation from the Adults WAM team, I could not resist the temptation from Cat Mountain.

I asked Claudia to drive me to a durian place and I spent $15 on a really good Cat Mountain Durian. Some told me the XOD24 is better but I am a novice at this… so I just went for the better known Cat Mountain breed for now.

Check this out… in less than 15 minutes’ time, the Cat Mountain will be subdued by my tummy!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to eat durian too!

July 14, 2008 1:40 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

haha... perhaps Aussie has nice durians too :)

July 14, 2008 3:56 pm  
Blogger sid9102 said...

God doesn't exist.

July 14, 2008 5:49 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

He does actaully... only if you open your heart and allow Him to lead and guide you :)

July 14, 2008 10:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the red prawn durian is much better. you should try it!

July 15, 2008 10:21 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

I have heard about it but never tried before. Will do so one of these days. Thanks for the recommendation :)

July 15, 2008 3:02 pm  
Blogger sid9102 said...

If you would like to try to convince me that i can "open my heart", send me an email. I'm open to conversion if what you say makes logical sense.

sid9102[AT]gmail[DOT]com

July 15, 2008 5:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aussie has frozen durians... They have Thai durians too... Didn't buy any to try though... Shall attack when I go back sg for holidays! :)

July 17, 2008 9:07 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hi sid9102... come to one of our services and then we can talk after that?

Hey Eve, when you are back, you can buy me durians too :)

July 17, 2008 9:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On lah Pastor! You provide transport, I pay for the durians! On anot?

July 18, 2008 2:45 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

On lah Eve!

July 18, 2008 5:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home