Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Camps!

This is a period for camps! We just had our University camp at St. John Island. The next one is Family & Children camp, follow by Adults camp follow by Youth camp and then the Mandarin camp!

For the Family camp, Wan Leng updated me that there would be close to 160 Adults. This is a really high number. It is around 76% of the worship service attendance people. Well done!

Pastor Johanes is the keynote speaker on the theme of prayer. We are praying and working towards being the kind of people Jesus wants us to be and doing the kind of things Jesus wants us to do.

Please pray with us as the Family group aims to reach more than 230 people by August in our worship services. Do really pray along with us!

Claudia and I will be leaving for the Adults Camp on next Wednesday. I am very looking forward to it. I look forward to spending time with the people. I am also anticipating great things from the Holy Spirit during the teaching and Praise & Worship sessions. Around 77% of our Service attendance will be there at the camp!

Pastor Simon Eng, the Vice-President of our Movement, will be taking some of the teaching sessions as well! I am praying that God will really impact us in a big big way at Shah Alam, Selangor.

I will update us with more camp info as I attend and hear more ground reports.

Meanwhile, can I ask you to take 30 seconds now to just pray for all these life-transforming camps? Pray also for me that I will be able to minister life and strength as I speak in 3 of the camps. Many thanks in advance.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN! Praying & Fasting for a powerful month! :) Ps, hope the programme in each camp will showcase the progress of our missions work around the world to encourage and inspire everyone to fulfil the GC in Singapore & all over the world! :)

May 29, 2008 3:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How does St John Island look like now? The last time I was there I think it's the one with the underground church flop... or did we have a camp there after that?

Going to miss this year's camp for the first time in 10 years... >.<

May 29, 2008 7:54 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hey Christine, indeed! We are now into 42 countries with 137 church all over the world (exclud Thailand)! Ps Simon will be at the Adults camp. Will get him to talk more about our movement.

Hey Eve, I wasn;t there at the St John camp :( We did have mnay camps in there.

So sad that you cannot be with us at the camp. You are an important part of our church family!

May 29, 2008 8:19 pm  
Blogger Tricia said...

Ps, we will be supporting u in prayers!

May 30, 2008 9:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN.

May 30, 2008 9:26 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Thanks Tricia. Appreciate that greatly. Amen to that amen!

May 30, 2008 9:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi pastor,
jus a suggestion. would you create a page here for ppl who have listened to the sermon and apply the Godly principles to share them weekly? ( esp if there are blessings... ) By the way, I am COG(not CEO =) )

June 01, 2008 11:54 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

That is a good idea. I shall try it out for last weekend's sermon...

June 02, 2008 10:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home