Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Noodles War

I think that God really loves us so much. It was only last week that I began to count our blessings. Do you know that we actually have 3 excellent noodles stall at Cuppage Plaza?

We have the Orchard Yong Tau Foo, the Pontian Wanton Noodles and the Ipoh Curry Mee. All three shops in one location. All no more than 2 minutes walk from Nexus!

It was during last week where some of the Adults leaders told me that the Ipoh Curry Mee is really good. They told me that it was just beside the Pontian shop that is just beside the Yong Tau Foo shop. I must admit that I did not even know that this Curry Mee shop exist until now.

Some of you may be in the same boat as me. The way to find this Curry Mee place is to walk on the outside of Cuppage Plaza. They only have one entrance and it is facing the previous S-11 easting place.

When I visited this Curry place for the first time, one of our members actually took our order. I thought that she was just trying to be salt and light and being helpful. Later, I found out that the shop belongs to her uncle.

THe curry was really nice and tasty. This is defintely for those who do not have strong taste. Do check it out.

Among the three stores, my favorite is definitely the Yong Tau Foo one. In my opinion, this is probably one of the best Yong Tau Foo shops in our island. The soup and the chilli sauce is fantastic. The shop is not conducive for hanging out but the food is great! It is a definite must try.

I was very shock once when I heard from one of our long time members that she had never tried this Yong Tau Foo store before! So near yet so far. If you have not, you should.

Anyhow, do try out in all the 3 stores and determine your favorite.

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Ps Jeff! I looooove noodles. Please take me to these places the next time I visit Singapore : )

I listened to your leadership sermon and altar call in the gym on Tues. WHat conviction! I was on the treadmill crying and responding to your leadership altar call at the end....thank God the treadmill faces the wall and not people!

thank you for your preaching.

May 09, 2008 3:27 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hi angela, sure thing! Let's makan when you are in Singapore!

Glad to know that God is working in all our hearts. I need to do better too. Let's all do it together.

He is worthy!

May 09, 2008 9:20 am  
Blogger The Recreation Corner said...

Finally got a chance to try it (Yong Tau Foo) today (Sat) as I was alone.

Usually very difficult to get a space to eat there as it is a tiny joint and we are in a group.

Both the chilli and the sweet sauce was superb. Uniquely blended with sesame seeds that gives a crunchy munch with each bite.

Only drawback was the small portion they give for the mee. I think I only needed 6-8 slurps and I was done.

May 10, 2008 7:41 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

haha Andrew. I wanted towat today as well but I was late for the sound check before the service :(

Yes, the sauce are superb. No doubt about that! Agree with you on the small portion. No good for a slim person like you to have so little carbo but it works out well for me.

May 10, 2008 9:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pastor Jeff,

just want to thank you for your sincere sermon this noon.
Thank God for using you to deliver the message. For the first time, I wrote a mother day's card to my mum and get all my siblings to sign. She was so happy. We also had a good dinner and I will pray for my parents to know the Lord soon. Thanks for setting a very good example for us to follow. Member from hope church.

May 11, 2008 10:55 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hi, I am so happy for your mum and you! Keep it up. When we continue to follow God's ways, we will reap His kind of results!

Proud of you!

May 12, 2008 1:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Yong Tau Foo has another stall at Serangoon North. Yummy!

If you pass by Toa Payoh aka Braddell MRT station, the Yong Tau Foo at blk 116 is fantastic too! Opens only for breakfast and lunch. Will be all gone by 1.30pm I think... *slurp*

I miss the food in Singapore... Boo hoo...

May 12, 2008 1:48 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Thanks Eve for the recommendation. You seem like qutie an expert in Yong Tau Foo!

May 12, 2008 2:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha... Probably not just Yong Tau Foo... but food... :p I may be a woman but I am not into shopping!

May 12, 2008 4:51 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

wow... we are very similar in these 2 aspects then...

May 12, 2008 9:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home