Thursday, May 01, 2008

Ishikawa

Since it’s the holidays, allow me to introduce you to a very nice Japanese restaurant that I visited recently. My sister has long told me about this restaurant but I just did not take the time to check out.

Anyhow, Claudia and I decided to pop in recently. It has a very nice set up; almost exactly like the ones that you find in Japan. The restaurant owner and his staff were very friendly and helpful to find you select your food. However, those that they introduced to you would not come cheap at all.

The highlight must certainly be the food. They are really quite exquisite and has a surprise (not shock) element when you bite into it. Nice to look at and even better to bite at.

I recommend the set meals (they have set meals for male & female!). I think the difference is the portions. It is very special and quite reasonably priced.

If you love sashimi like I do, check them out. I order the one with the salmon belly and prawns. They were really good!

In my own estimation, this is even better than the one at Sakuraya Fish Mart (December 28 2007 posting)

If you want to eat a really really good meal, bring lots of money. I think it may be worth your while.

Ishikawa Japanese Restaurant
170 Upper Bukit Timah Road
B2-14 Bukit Timah Shopping Centre
Tel: 64660281
Business Hours: 1130am - 3pm, 6pm - 10pm Daily

I was told by some of you that I should also introduce good food that are assessable by MRT as most of you do not drive. I will scout around and do my best to satisfy your palate.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hi, thanks for your posting. I can tell that you love Japanese food very much :)

May 06, 2008 8:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home