Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Proverbs 21:31

As shared over the pulpit, I had been spending time in the wisdom book of Proverbs. I need more wisdom in all the dealings of my life!

Loo has also been sending me regular sms-es from the book of Proverbs. Apparently, he thinks that I need wisdom as well : )

Anyhow, as I landed on the 21 st chapter of this wisdom book, one of the verses that I had memorized so much in the past struck me afresh again.

Below is that verse…

The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the LORD. - Proverbs 21:31

Obviously, God is not against planning and preparation. In fact, God esteems good preparation. Being prepared and having a good plan are not acts of faithlessness. On the contrary, they are fruits of faith. We believe God so much and that is why we work so hard.

Although I live in a different era, I would imagine that getting a horse ready for battle wasn’t exactly a walk in the park. It would certainly mean lots of hard work, thorough checking, having and keeping to schedule and meeting lots of deadlines.

However, even as we go about doing our best in preparation and planning; we mustn’t for a single nanosecond think that our success and victory comes solely due to our own work. It is Jesus who helps us. Apart from Him, we can do nothing!

Lord, help me to always do my best in all my undertakings. And help me to also fully depend on you every single step of the way. Only in and through You can I have any victory!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home