Monday, February 25, 2008

Thank You Indonesian Group!

On Saturday, I had the privilege of spending almost a whole afternoon with our Indonesian group. We were having a special service to celebrate friendship (or relationship in general).

It was a most touching afternoon for many of us. Many took the time to thank and affirm the people that had made a difference in their lives. The parts where they affirmed their siblings and parent were most moving.

Being Indonesians, they certainly did not let the opportunity to sing “I Love This Family of God” slipped passed them. As I could recall, we sang a total of no less than 10 times through the entire song. And all this while, they (note not we) were swinging their arms and holding each other shoulders for prolonged period of time.

One sister even asked the brother who was standing beside me to give me a big hug! The brother did just that before asking me if I was used to this. I said that I had probably used up my quota for the entire year already.

Truth is that I do really appreciate how our Indo group expresses themselves. They are just very bold in expressing their feelings and emotions. In many ways, I have much to learn from them.

As I was early, I took the time to have more prolonged conversations with many of them. I met Hendra who has just arrived in Singapore. He was worshipping in Hope Petaling Jaya for the past 5 months.

We also had the opportunity to pray with Tony (who is still a pre-believer at the point of writing) for his job. He was looking for opening as a Java programmer. He shall treat us to Sanur when he gets his job :)

Sieny and Finie are new to our student group. Vinny crossed the line of faith during that service!

They were also many “old faces” that I took the time to simply just connect with them. It was extremely refreshing to me to meet the new and not so new faces.

I want to really thank Yin San, Jorry, Suryani, Yen Nee, Alex & Ming for their hardwork. I want to thank you for growing the Indo group from 35 people to over 60 people in just under 11 months. Your sacrifice and contribution have certainly not gone un-noticed.

Thanks…



3 Comments:

Blogger PhotOle said...

Looks like u hve lots of friends

February 25, 2008 10:33 am  
Blogger PhotOle said...

looks like u hve lots of friends

February 25, 2008 10:33 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Yes, I do indeed photole :)

February 25, 2008 3:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home