Tuesday, April 01, 2008

What A Wonderful Weekend!

On Saturday, I preached at the Indo service as we remembered God’s faithfulness after having launched our service for one whole year already. Our first service was started on the 31 March 2007. Since then, we have grown greatly in quantity and quality. Thank you people for bringing God's dream one step towards its greater fulfillment.













Following the Indo service, I made my way to the Golden Mile Complex (famous for good and cheap authentic Thai food) for our Poly camp. I did not even know that there was a meeting hall in this complex. Having our camp there really did feel like visiting our Mother Church in Bangkok. The whole place is as Thai as you can get.

The theme is Arete (it means quality in Greek). The atmosphere was rather electrifying and the people were really hungry to learn.













After my teaching session, I was invited to have supper with the leaders. It was great to talk about church and our future over Tom Yam soup and chicken wings until the wee hours of the morning. I enjoyed myself very much.

On Sunday, I was pretty disappointed that I could not be there for our Uni service at the NTU alumni at One-North. I had to be at Nexus for the services. Joshua updated me that it was a simple and ministering time with the people. It is a great start for even greater things to come. May our University tribe be blessed and multiply greatly!

Sunday evening was a time with the Indo leaders. Yin San was giving a treat to thank for the people who had worked hard for an entire year to make the Indo service worked for Jesus. Claudia and I were there to hear stories after stories of affirmation and gratefulness to God and one another.

Alex, a care leader in the Indo group, kept asking me for hugs! (see “Thank You Indonesian Group!” entry on the 25 Feb 2008)














Thank you all for making my weekend a most memorable and fruitful one!

4 Comments:

Blogger yeu@nn said...

Hey Ps Jeff, always so encouraging to hear what God's doing in the midst of our bros and sisters in the other congregations... it helps us see the wider view of what He's doing in our midst! :D

And haha couldn't tell at first which face in the Poly group photo was yours - you all looked the same age leh... same chubby... i mean, same macho faces...XD

April 01, 2008 9:46 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

haha thanks bro for the compliment (the chubby part)

April 02, 2008 9:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I SAW MY FACE!!! HEHEHE

April 10, 2008 1:52 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

haha... glad you can see your own face :)

April 10, 2008 4:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home