Friday, May 16, 2008

Samy Curry Restaurant

I was first introduced to this eating place back in 1993. One of my friends from Hewlett Packard (it was during my industrial attachment days in HP) bought me to this run down place in Demsey Road. The place was really old and ulu but the food was really good.

After many years down the road, it is now a rather high-class South Indian restaurant. The waiters have dress code and the presentation of the whole store, while still in the same location, is much nicer.

The food is really good too. You must try the mutton and the curry chicken. The biryani rice and pompodom are great too. The basic rice set will come with free flow of 2 vegetables, pompodom and biryani rice. With one more order of the any meat and a drink, it should cost you around S$10. It may not be the cheapest but rather worth it.

For those of you who do not drive, it is not hard to get there.

Check it out!

SAMY'S CURRY RESTAURANT PTE LTD
25 Dempsey Road
Singapore 249670

Tel : 64722080
Fax : 64745024




7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

High cholesterol food - should not promote it. If by any chance you are paid to endorse it, pls re-consider.

May 17, 2008 4:34 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

haha... certainly not paid to endorse. I paid to eat!

May 17, 2008 8:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss nasi bryani... Though I rarely have it when i am in SG. It's so true that you miss something when you don't have it. I miss pandan cake too!

Help me eat the naan at Nirvana restaurant won't yah... Hehe... Garlic naan... yum yum...

May 18, 2008 8:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When i was there with my CG the last time, the first thing they intro as we sat down were the king prawns and expensive stuff....didn't have a good impression of the place after that...but i will still like to go if not for my princess cannot eat hot stuff...

May 18, 2008 8:27 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

will certainly eat on your behalf eve....

Hi wil, got to train her lah!

May 19, 2008 12:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After hearing your preaching last Sunday that "I am responsible to stay physically healthy", I shall stay away from the food that you seemed to recommend.

May 20, 2008 5:59 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

moderation and exercise are keys :)

May 24, 2008 1:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home