Friday, June 13, 2008

Probably The Best Fish Porridge In Singapore!

Believe it or not, I love Fish Porridge. Why? Because of the fish and the soup! And the chilly that goes so very well with it too.

But then again, there are fish porridge and there are some really good fish porridge. I have wanted to try this restaurant for its famous Teochew food. It is quite highly recommended. And while ordering the dishes, we accidentally order fish porridge instead of plain porridge.

So when the two big bowl of fish porridges came, we were upset with the mistakes that we made. But God is able to turn bad things out for our good! (spiritualising things here) The fish porridges were among the best, if not the best that I have tasted.

The fish was really fresh. The soup is so sweet. I bet they use Rock Sugar as part of the ingredients. The chilly sauce was really unique and nice. I have 3 servings of that stuff for every bowl of fish porridge.

And when the bill came, I was almost knocked off my chair. It costs me only $3 per bowl! It’s almost too good to be true!

This place also serves fantastic duck and tau pok! The peanuts are very special too. I have yet to try the other more expensive dishes. Perhaps you can check the out and recommend some to me.

The reason why it is so reasonably priced could be due to the fact that it is embedded right in the middle of the heartlands. It is also open 24-7.

Those of you who stay in Bukit Batok area should really try it. The rest of you, either you move house or just take a cab (or drive) to get there. The latter suggestion seems more logical…

The address is
Teochew Cuisine Restaurant
Blk 132 #01-300
Bukit Batok West Ave 6
Singapore 650132
Tel: 6560 0050

Check out the website: http://teochew-cuisine.com/

8 Comments:

Blogger Marcus Loke said...

PS JEFF! thank God for you for coming down to our youth camp to preach and to deliver the message of God. :D thank you so so much! really appreciate you as a brother and as a role model.

JIAYOU!

June 14, 2008 8:25 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Thanks Marcus for your very kind words. Pastor Shirley and her team are doing a great job.

I have also been praying for all the brothers among us to rise up even more :)

Way to go bro.

June 14, 2008 10:53 am  
Blogger draco_malfoy!!!! said...

Yo, Pastor Jeff,

Thanks for your recommendation of this restaurant. I happen to live in Jurong West and therefore, it was pretty convenient for me to drop by this little cosy corner of a porridge cafe.

The fish porridge was really not bad at all. But I'd really have to give my thumbs up to the delectable braised duck, which was so ravishingly juicy and tasty!! BAGUS!!

I guess the only issue I had was that there were too many service staff posing around and I guess a few of them were not too experienced with handling orders and customer requests, but Thank God for this place, really.

May God continue to guide you and Claudia to discover eatery gems like this one, so that we can keep our tongues and tummies satisfied with your directions. :-))))

June 15, 2008 10:37 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

haha draco malfoy... glad you like this recommendation. The duck is really good! No doubt about that!

June 15, 2008 9:51 pm  
Blogger nicholas said...

yo ps jeff,
I live 5 blocks away from this restaurant :D the yam paste thingy is nice :D haven't ate there for a long time though ha ha..

June 20, 2008 12:25 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

the yam paste dessert is indeed good. It's a real teochew thingy

June 20, 2008 5:44 pm  
Blogger chris said...

I went to try after reading your comments, well its not been a good experience, a lady(from China think should be the boss or manageress) was not very friendly after I wanted to order the fish porridge as you reccomended, give me a sulking face and keep on promoting all those expensive stuff!! and deliberately shouted the order in front of me!! and the food was not nice either!! i would not reccomend this place!!

July 18, 2008 2:25 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hey Chris, so sorry to hear about your experience :(

Thus far, my experiences have mostly been good.

July 18, 2008 2:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home