Saturday, June 14, 2008

Youth & Mandarin Camps

After the Adults Camp in Shah Alam, I returned and spent an evening at the youth camp. The camp was held in Downtown East. The place was really hip, comfortable and extremely conducive for learning.

I shared about the important qualities of leadership that will bring about growth. There was both a balance focus on character development as well as God’s endowment for leadership. I ministered quite intentionally to the male leaders among us. They are our future leaders. Then the leaders and I spent time ministering to the people after the teaching.

From the report given to me, many of our youth repented from specific areas that needed a turnaround. Many also responded to having a bigger and more extended vision for their lives beyond their student days. It was most encouraging for me to hear these stories from the ground up! God is indeed moving in our youth group.

Then on early Thursday morning, I and some other Mandarin leaders drove up to Malacca for our Mandarin camp. We covered around 250km in around 3 hours with a tea break in between.

The theme was “A Visionary Church”. It was most challenging for me to teach 4 lessons in my limited Mandarin ability. Anyhow, I trust that God will still use beyond my natural ability to speak straight into the hearts of the people.

Then on Friday night, God really did show up in a big way! After my teaching, we spent extended time ministering to the people. I prayed for James and his team and then in turn, commissioned them to go and minister to their flock. And God used them so very greatly.

Many got their life vision clarified and expanded. One couple was challenged to move their lives out of their comfort zone through a prophetic picture of a beautiful ship that did not sail beyond the quay. As beautiful as it was, it was not fulfilling its full potential that the maker has intended.

Tears of joy and repentance flowed freely as the leaders ministered in the power and love of the Holy Spirit. It was very much like the book of Acts all over again! Then James challenged his team to build the biggest and strongest Mandarin church in our Movement so that we can play a pivotal role in redeeming the global Mandarin speaking community.

At the end of these camp rampages, I have learnt and re-learnt a powerful lesson. God longs to minister to His people. It is not about me but about how God loves His people and how He desires to meet the needs of His people.

Praise God and Praise God!

4 Comments:

Blogger Davina said...

Amen Ps!

June 17, 2008 8:28 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

amen sister!

June 17, 2008 9:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks ps for your tireless efforts to minister and being with us.
May God continue to anoint you to lead our church to higher grounds!

June 18, 2008 4:33 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Please do pray for me and the rest of the leaders as well. We need God and one another to build our church strong and biblical :)

June 18, 2008 9:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home