Friday, July 10, 2009

Leading On Empty (Wayne Cordeiro)

As I was not feeling well for the past 2 days, I had the time to finally devour a book that Mike & Lean Choo bought for me. Thanks both : )

It is a book from Wayne Cordeiro (he also authored Divine Mentor). He shared some really personal struggles that many leaders would be able to identify with. Bill Hybels wrote that this book is “A must read for all leaders.”

Cordeiro expressed many things that I have gone through but may not have the language or expertise to express. It helps me sort out my inner thoughts and feelings. The book also gave many practical suggestions on how we can pace and rest better.

Looking back, it might be “divine” that I have to fall sick in order to take the time to complete this book. By the way, I hardly fall sick (once in a few years).

Read it and let you know your thoughts

I am also trying to lay my hand on the book entitled "Simple Church". Could not get it from SKS as it runs out of stock... lend ot me if you have one...

6 Comments:

Blogger tracee said...

Hi Pastor Jeff!

I'm Tracy from the UNI-YA group. I have decided to use this method to contact you, sorry it's so strange!

Cathy Chia's birthday is on 13 July. My caregroup has created a birthday blog for her, do you think you could post a short entry?

http://welovecathy.blogspot.com

blogger login username: iamadmired@hotmail.com

password: birthdayblog

Thank you!

July 12, 2009 12:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go PJ!

You preached a really good sermon today at the 1st youth service! really caught your spirit and your awesome heart for God.
will pray that God will continue to uphold and uplift you in this weekend as you preach His word with no compromisation.
whee! way to go PJ!

July 12, 2009 1:00 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

noted tracee... i will do so... you are so creative :)

Thanks anonymous for the encouragement...

July 12, 2009 7:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we have to walk the talk.. Rest in the Lord.. what does Rest mean

July 20, 2009 4:07 pm  
Anonymous minnieve said...

Hi Pastor... got your book yet?

July 27, 2009 12:59 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

not yet... probably in the mail...

July 27, 2009 1:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home