Thursday, July 13, 2006

University Alpha Camp

I had just returned from the alpha camp at the all too familiar place at Cranwell Road beside the Commando Camp.

The gang were having a great time throughout the whole day in the sun. It was no wonder that most of them were a bit jaded when I arrived...

My role was simply to give a 30-minute talk about temptation. It was a rather interesting topic as I tried to show how the evil one had been consistent in his plot through the ages. Since the days of the Garden of Eden, his plot had been the same. If there is one thing that I admire of the the devil, it is the fact that he is consistent in his plot...consistently evil.

We also learnt about the armour of God which helps us to fight the temptaion. It was a great time as we made simple and very practical application straight from the Word. My own talk had encouraged myself as well.

Till date, there are altogether 8 persons that crossed the line of faith since a month ago when we launched our alpha program. This is pretty good for us as we only really reaped after August in our past programs for our freshmen.

I also enjoyed having the time to chat a little bit more with Clara & Ben while at the camp.

I should have gotten some photos from the alpha camp for this posting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home