Sunday, March 04, 2007

The 15th Day Of Chinese New Year

Let me begin by admitting that Liverpool did indeed played better than Man U at Anfield last night. Liverpool dominated most of the game but they just couldn’t finish their well orchestrated passes. I was so nervous to see Man U under siege that I switched to other channels after having tuned in at the later part of the game. It was too nerve wrecking for me.

As the game progressed, I was praying for a draw and then, as fate would determine it, John O’Shea scored the winning goal two minutes into injury time! Hopefully, Man U will be crowned the Champions of England.

I started this morning with the Hope Kids Live! Service. It’s a fantastic place to be serving God in. Hong Teck and his team have been doing a wonderful job there. For me, it’s really not easy to preach to kids. I have to work really hard to capture their attention to what I was trying to communicate. Hong Teck fedback to me, and I agreed that I should have used some objects lessons and props to aid me.

The 20 minutes teaching/preaching took so much out of me that I was virtually a slow-mobility zombie at the end of the class. I dragged my body to the 2nd Adults Service after the Hope Kids Live! preaching.

As tonight was the last night of the Chinese New Year celebration, we met at my parents place for dinner. Dinner was a really sumptuous steamboat meal. Mum would always use the best ingredients for everything that was served. It was food of the highest standard.

My sister also prepared a white fungus and papaya double-boiled with rock sugar dessert. The whole dinner was delicious and most satisfying.

Not only does today mark the last day of the CNY celebration, it would also mark the first day of watching my diet (by God’s grace!). For the past 15 days, I would have eaten enough food to feed a whole village in some remote part of China!

I need to be working on my diet, health and fitness for the coming days. In the next few weeks, there will be weekend with 6 preaching and I need to be prepared.

Easter is here… harvest is here as well…

4 Comments:

Blogger Freedy Prajitna said...

Pastor, can really sense the tremendous ENERGY that you showed during the time of preaching ! felt that you pumped in at least twice the normal energy level to capture the kids' attention. It was inspiring to see that you gave your very best for the little ones in the Kingdom of God.

March 05, 2007 12:17 am  
Blogger eyeport said...

Ps Jeff, you eat more, preach more...hehe

March 05, 2007 7:38 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Ps Jeff!
It's really encouraging to have you as an example as one who lives a balanced life! Thank you! :)

March 06, 2007 2:30 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Thanks Freedy. I do my best!

Hi steph and felix, good to hear from NZ. I do try my best to live a balance life.

March 06, 2007 6:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home