Sunday, September 02, 2007

Sunday Morning With Hope Kids Live!

I had serious diarrhea last night and this morning. The only good thing is that I may lose a couple of pounds. But people have told me that it was mostly water that will be put back easily.

Anyhow, it did not affect my enthusiasm to give my best in my Hope Kids Live teaching. Like I have said before, preaching at Hope Kids Live is probably the most challenging in terms of connecting with the children and capturing their attention. In my opinion, they have an attention span of no longer than 15 seconds and if they get bored, they will certainly let you know.

Before my turn to teach, I noticed two boys in particular that were really difficult. While we always encourage our children to participate fully, it is quite another thing to be disruptive and destructive.

So, just before I went on stage, I walked over to this particular older boy and I told him gently but very firmly that I expected him to give my teaching full attention. I also told him that I will tolerate no nonsense in my class and I will send people out of the class if they are disruptive to others and to me. He listened to me without battling an eyelid.

Throughout the entire lesson, he listened and he participated fully! Not only him, I also found that 99% of the class were paying attention to the Word and they were learning. I was teaching the children on how we should learn the God's Word.

I had heard it from Hong Teck at many junctures and I was experiencing it today again that children do indeed learn, remember and apply what was taught on Sunday.

Children are indeed like wet cement, whatever imprint we make will last forever.

This morning time at Hope Kids Live once again reinforced into my hearts that we need to take the educating and training of our children very seriously. Children church should never be just an afterthought but it is something that deserves our full attention because it is here that our future generation are shaped.

At the end of the Hope Kids Live service, we took the time to affirm the many teachers and helpers who worked hard week in and week out to create such a conducive learning and nurturing environment for our children. It was a most heart warming and affirming time.

I and many others esteem and honor all the teachers and helpers very highly! We are all very proud of you.

On this coming Thursday (6 September 2007), the Hope Kids United Holiday Club will be presenting a musical entitled “The Missing Music”. It is a fantastic event for both our own children as well as children who are not in our church as yet.

Please grace this event with your kids and/or your relatives or any other kids (do ask their parents first :) )

Check out the info below…


















When : 6 September 2007, 7:30-9:00pm
Where : Nexus Auditorium,
#05-07 Cuppage Plaza,

Ah Boy just lost his music. Where can it be? Journey with him as he finds it in strange places. You can help Ah Boy find his missing music and win great prizes while discover interesting facts about life.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pastor Jeff,

I realli miss your preachings.... Come back soon okie??? Haha...

September 02, 2007 11:55 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

haha y hoper. I will be preaching on this coming weekend. let's all do learn and apply all that we receive from the preachers :)

September 03, 2007 10:05 pm  
Blogger yeu@nn said...

"This morning time at Hope Kids Live once again reinforced into my hearts that we need to take the educating and training of our children very seriously. Children church should never be just an afterthought but it is something that deserves our full attention because it is here that our future generation are shaped."

Amen... yes yes yes! :D as a Hopetots teacher, really agree with what you say... thank God so much for ur faithful preaching bro!

September 05, 2007 11:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff wrote: "I walked over to this particular older boy and I told him gently but very firmly that I expected him to give my teaching full attention. I also told him that I will tolerate no nonsense in my class and I will send people out of the class if they are disruptive to others and to me."

Kudos to ya, Pastor Jeff!! =) for daring to be firm in a loving way to the child.. Many a time, people dun dare to tell off people's children... He needs someone to tell him firmly and you have done the great thing for him, ya! :D

September 07, 2007 5:47 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hi MJ, just doing my best to serve :)

September 07, 2007 11:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home