Thursday, July 26, 2007

Food For Champions

I am amazed with the number of advice that I have received regarding exercising, sleeping and losing weight.

As stated, I have been swimming more but the weighing machine reading has not moved much (in the right direction). Claudia and some of the people were telling me that the reason was because I had been eating more.

Simply put, output must be more than input to lose weight. My output has increased but I think my input has increased even more! This could be due to the fact that just because I swam a bit, I felt that I should eat more guilt-free.

So what I had been trying to do is to note what I eat. Perhaps it will cause me to be more aware of my food intake so that I will cut back.

Below is one sample of what I ate in one day. It was on my off day when I did not have to work. Compare to my usual working day, I ate a bit more. But to be very honest, I didn’t think it was really all that much.

Anyhow, here you go, a dietary plan for champions…

Pre-Breakfast
2 slices of bread with butter and peanut butter

Breakfast
Nasi Padang (rice, sotong, sayur lodeh, tofu, sambal goreng)
Coffee

Pre-Lunch
Coffee
2 chocolate chips cookies

Lunch
A plate of Wanton Noodles
Half a bowl of Tau Suan for dessert

Dinner
Dried noodles with a bowl of fishballs, meatballs, meat, fish cakes and egg soup
Half a stick of fried sotong from Old Chang Kee
A little bit of teh ice

12 Comments:

Blogger longyao said...

Hi Pastor,
could i know how much it cost for the whole day meal u mention? i want to try out...because i still have capacity..in fact i need to add weight...

July 27, 2007 1:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

erm..actualli the amount of food was not realli that much..juz that the food all contain high fats content for every meal.

e nasi pandang in itself is already fatening coz it contain coconut milk.and almost each meal there is carbohydrate.too much carbohydrate for the day make it hard to slim down.

can try high protein content meal.like grill fish,chicken,meat with vegetables,insetad of noodle.or yong tau foo soup if realli cant do without carbo,can try to juz dun eat ani rice and noodle for dinner.
and if realli love fried food wich are oily,try drinkin green tea or tea after meal.green tea help in slimmin and it contain antioxidants also.

is good that u exercise,so juz keep swiming and chose the right food you eat.develop a healthy lifestyle..keep it up:)gambate!!:)

July 27, 2007 2:14 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hey Longyao, that is a very interesting question. I did a rough estimate; it is around $17. The are mainly hawker affair.

Thanks Dr Anonymous :) Will cut down on carbo... but always eat already then remember :(

July 27, 2007 10:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WoW!Ps Jeff!I am amazed at your errm...diet!Its more of a double take!you have a PREview for some of your meals!WoW!!!!!
I thought a good way to start is to do away with the Premeals though...that might shed a little!& be way to a Healthier lifestyle!Heheh...

July 27, 2007 11:22 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment probably won't help you but.... sounds like a yummy day!! (: We miss our Singaporean food!

But yes, cutting down on the carbo is supposed to help! Keep at it, Ps Jeff! (:

July 27, 2007 6:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can do it! hahaha.

July 28, 2007 12:18 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Yes Janice, as you can tell, I like Pre-view. Should cut down. But I guess I Pre-viewed only because it is my off day.

Thanks Steph for the reminder (will learn from your dad) and Ju for the encouragement.

July 28, 2007 9:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo.. as your loving bro, do watch out for those high-cho(LDL)stuff.. white bread, peanut, butter, sotong, goreng(sambal), milk(coffee), chocolate(chip), charsiew(wantan), egg(soup), meat(balls,pork), fried sotong etc..

So what else can u eat, absolutely nothing.. ;p

I tried to avoid those stuff and run 3x/wk, yet my cholesterol is over the bar.. u can estimate yours ;D

July 30, 2007 12:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's individual, depends on your genes...so you got to know your health condition and monitors it. some people skinny but super unhealthy, some people bigger but health checks reveal ok. do regular annual check ups

August 01, 2007 5:07 pm  
Blogger Davina said...

Hi pastor jeff,
it's a consolation to me that i'm not alone.. Wahaha.

all the Pre-meals.
i even have post-lunch, pre tea, and pre-dinner.
hahahaa

oops

August 02, 2007 7:25 pm  
Blogger Fresh Dew said...

a VERY healthy female colleague (she does marathons and stuff) said this to me a few days ago,... "First, try to eat more fruits and raw vegetables. I eat 5 SERVINGS of fruits a day! Stock up on different kinds of fruits and when you are hungry, just snack and snack.. and snack on them...... And, number two, don't eat solid foods especially carbo , after 8pm. If u r hungry after 8pm, just eat fruits (again??), fruit juice, drink soya bean milk or any non-'solid' food." .... i'm going to try to control my cravings./././..

August 08, 2007 5:03 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Thanks all to Drs Anonymouses, Doreen & MJ. Appreciate all yor advice. I must work on it.... in fact, i just ate some chocolates before writing this comment :(

August 08, 2007 5:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home