Sunday, July 08, 2007

… & He Helped Me!

This weekend is indeed the toughest one for me for a long time!

Like I had said, I had to spend last Monday and Tuesday shifting into my new house. Believe me, shifting house is not fun at all!

Then Wednesday was a full day of meetings. We had meeting after meeting from 930am till around 330pm. It exhausted every one of my already very limited brain cells. I did not have much energy left in me to do the sermon anymore.

Thursday was a day with Marcus. It was great in terms of learning many things from him and fellowshipping with him. But it wasn’t great at all in terms of sermon preparation. Not much progress, if any, was made at all.

Friday was a day that I simply "stone out". No creative juice came out from me. I simply did my best and embarked on the “Help Me… Help Me… Help Me! Help Me!” prayer with great intensity.

God did indeed help me on Saturday for the 3 services (2 youth and 1 tertiary). I was really nervous but God was with me.

After the last Saturday Service ended at around 810pm, I had to rush to one of my pre-believing friends party. We bumped into one another some months ago and he threw this party in order for the rest of gang to catch up with me.

All my very close buddies since Secondary School days turned up. There was just no way for me to give this party a miss. Firstly, it was supposed to be organized “in honor of me”. Secondly and most importantly, these are my very good friends who are far from Christ and I just need to be around to direct them towards my Savior.

It was a very emotionally draining experience as we caught up on old times. Among the five couples, they had 12 kids and I had the challenge of trying to remember all their names!

It was so emotionally draining that I could not sleep at all on Saturday night. I intentionally walked away from Wimbledon on Star Sports only to find myself tossing in bed from dusk till dawn with the images of my friends and their kids flooding all over my puny mind.

Then as I woke up on Sunday morning, it was once again the “Help Me… Help Me… Help Me!” prayer all over again.

And once again, God bailed me out. He helped me again. I had to preach with a slight headache for the 1130am and Filipino Service at 5pm. Nevertheless, God was indeed faithful. He stuck with me through it all.

I cried to the Lord for help and I am saved!

Romans 10:13
Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pastor Jeff,

That was a really good sermon today. You reminded me a lot on how God helped me when i cried out to Him during my search for job and getting a pass to stay in Singapore the past few years.

Not sure if you remember, but you wrote me 2 emails that time to encourage me and thus helped me to continue on to persevere in my faith.

God's test is not easy but I'm thankful for those period of time, as I know for sure of His promises and faithfulness now.

I thank God for His ever presence in my life and thank God for you for being my pastor as well. You have impacted my life.

Sorry for the long tag. Continue on to jiayou on your sermon =)

July 09, 2007 2:02 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hey Livi, I am so glad to hear of how God has helped you throughout all these times. I can see that you have grown stronger in your faith through it all :)

God tests you such that He can build you up and use you to touch even more lives. Keep it up Livi. We are all very proud of your progress...

July 09, 2007 9:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean we are no longer neighbors??

It's was a great sermon bro, it really reminded me to rely on God's strength.

July 09, 2007 11:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I've never seen Romans 10:13 in this light before. I've always thought this verse meant the gift of salvation. Pastor Jeff, you will never know how much difference you're making in the lives of lives! Indeed the Lord is good and He is our ever-present help! =))

July 09, 2007 12:22 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hey Jeff.. yes, we will not be neighbours anymore :(

Thanks anonymous for your very kind affirmation. It is strengthening to me indeed.

July 10, 2007 9:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola Ps Jeff,

Greetings from Santiago!
I am a fan of your blog, have been blessed greatly by your life. I have listened to your sermon on "The destiny of God's people" and I was inspired and refreshed.

Muchas gracias por trabajas duro!

Keep blogging and preaching the WOG =)

July 11, 2007 12:01 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hola Ee Lee, it is just so great to hear from you. You do your best in South America and I will do mine here in Singapore in connection to the rest of the world.

Muchas gracias por trabajas duro = Thanks very much for your hard work.

Mucho Gracias EL!

July 11, 2007 2:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pastor Jeff,

Great Sermon! reminded me of this song by Third Day titled Cry out to Jesus.

Went back and listened to it after hearing your sermon.

Touched by both sermon and song.

So i want to tell you this Pastor Jeff -

Preach it Pastor! :)

July 16, 2007 10:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home