Sunday, June 17, 2007

11 Sessions Over 8 Days

Since last Saturday, life had really been rather intense for me. After preaching for 6 services over last weekend, I taught at the Youth Camp on Tuesday. That was followed by 4 more sessions in our Adults Camp.

But let me say this… it had been a most fantastic and empowering time for me.

The youth camp was held in the Singapore Sports School. Around 550 people were at the camp. Youth leaders from Hope Kuala Lumpur, Hope Manila and Hope Hong Kong were also at the camp. It was a very high-energy camp. Shirley was envisioning the youth to complete the goal of planting at least a care group in every one of the 160 secondary schools and 19 Junior Colleges before the end of 2008. This is a vision that grabbed many of us by our throat! We are all charged up to give our all for this cause.

We also prayed together for this vision to come to pass. May God’s youth be spread all across our island state and all over the globe as well.

Do send me some cool pics of the youth camp if you have them.

Then on Wednesday, a few of us drove in a convoy as we made our way to Malacca for our Adults Camp. The theme was “Building A Prevailing Generation”.

The camp was really fun and refreshing. I acted as Cinderella. The Mafia beat the School-Uniformed Kids and the Pirates! Shrek and The Incredibles were at the camp too...

We also got to hear teaching from the Word of God from Pastor Simon Eng (one of our International Elders), Pastor LO and yours truly.

There was truly a great balance of fun, laughter, spiritual refreshment and biblical impartation.

I will show you pics from the Malacca camp once I get them!

I am tired on the outside but completely filled on the inside. This is just great! Yea God and Yea People!

8 Comments:

Blogger RUI HAO said...

intersting blog and preaching yay jia you

June 17, 2007 11:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pastor Jeff, thank God for your preeching, very relevant, very funny and anointed. Also, you are really great in your Cinderella acting. There is a picture of you along with other Adults Church Camp pics at our CG blog

http://ng5a1.multiply.com/photos/album/43

Let's build a prevailing adults ministry !

Yueh Siang, NG5A1

June 19, 2007 1:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming by Malacca to give us your support for the Adults Camp, Pastor Jeff. Yes, guess many of us were physically tired but spriritually re-charged.
God has spoken to me through many teachings.

Got a little testimony to share. During the extended P&W on Sat evening, i realised that my mouth began to rattle off stuff that i never plan to say. Prior to this, my tongues was really really limited. Because of that, i dun usually pray in tongues. Even if i did, i sound like a mouse. But the breakthrough came on Sat and i felt empowered by the HS.

Hmm...must practice praying in tongues more often.

Blessed week ahead, dear Pastor!

Celine

June 19, 2007 7:29 pm  
Blogger Cien An said...

Dear Pastor,

I just want to tell you this year church camp is the most impactful one for me, after joining the church camp for several years in church, esp the teachings, I am so inspired and empowered and I can quickly think of the application points and apply into my lives in relationship, ministry and work.

Just like to share what happened in my work this two days after the camp. I am very recharged and excited to work with all my heart, doing my best and go all the way, as instructed by you. You know, usually I am shy to speak out during meeting when our GM is present, as he is a very tough guy, always drill the issues by asking many whys, honestly I am very scared to speak in front of him. But during today's meeting organized by an engineer, I experienced a quantum leap breakthrough, God made me bold and stouthearted, and I just spoke like nobody's business and contributed to the discussion to address an important issue in front of the GM and with other senior managers. I organized a meeting for another important project and God somehow gave me the ability to lead the team and performed much better than before camp. The change is so evident. Btw, my designation is an engineer working in an MNC.

Thank you for your teaching and your hard work. Thanks for doing your best to love God and people. Thanks for teaching us it is sustainable to live life to the full in long haul.

Jian An, NG1A

June 19, 2007 8:50 pm  
Blogger Fresh Dew said...

Pastor Jeff,

Thanks for loving us.

June 19, 2007 10:21 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Wow... thanks for sharing your victory stories. It has strengthened me very greatly! I am sure many others are also encouraged too. Keep it coming!!

I am happy to serve with all of you. You mean a lot to God and to me.

June 19, 2007 11:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ps Jeff.or fellow "classmate"
thank GOD for u. find u unique as a Pastor. thank you for showing us your heart for GOD through many things u do, teaching with His guidance, sharing with His heartbeat, "playing with us" with His joy in u!
personally was challenged to serve together with the church as His servantleaders at this camp.when Ps Simon called us to rise up in leadership roles, i was still hesitant and more so, unwilling. After tt session, i use my "contemplative pathway" to ask GOD, and He pointed out my unwillingness attitude.i repented and told GOD if there's another challenge i would respond. to me, it seems impossible. afterall, the session was over, only left your last session( teaching 6).i thought you would probably give the camp charge.
when u called for people to rise up as UL/CLs, i responded. and GOD really know me, its when u ask us to go up on stage that made me more assured that GOD was with me in this changed attitude and decision. may HE contd to mould me.
in fact, together with me, were 2 more brothers in CG who responded to be CLs!! PTL! and 3 more who responded to be shepherds when i came to know abt it later.
there will be a rise of servantleaders in HIs kingdom!
praying together.

June 21, 2007 1:06 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hi fellow classmate,

Your story really made my day! Thanks for sharing your testimony. I am so glad that God gudied you to do so. He knows you through and through!

June 21, 2007 10:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home