Wednesday, May 30, 2007

1518!

It had been challenging for the past few days. On last Saturday, we parked our car in Wisma Atria when we went for mentoring. Some four hours later, when we went back to leave Wisma, the car refused to start. Being a technically challenged person, I instantly called for help. Thank God that my brother-in-law was also around that area and he came to my rescue.

He diagnosed that it was a car battery problem. I was a bit puzzled with that as we just got our car battery replaced only about 12 months ago. I was quite sure that I had been told that car batteries were supposed to last longer than that.

Anyhow, we called AA (Automobile Association) for help and they sent a mobile mechanic to the Wisma carpark. He did some test using some wires and then he installed a new battery in the car. Viola! The car was well and running again. But it did cost us a bomb to have it fixed.

At the start of this entire saga, I was really quite flustered with the situation. But my wife reminded me of the 1518 principle; that we should learn to give thanks in all circumstances (not for all circumstances but in all circumstances)

1 Thessalonians 5:18
give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

I was supposed to be traveling into Malaysia on that very evening. Although I cannot thank God for the car's battery failure but I can certainly thank God that this happened in Singapore and not in Malaysia! It would have been more troublesome if it had been otherwise.

Thank God that my brother-in-law, Frankie, was also in Wisma. What were the chances of that happening? Singapore may be small but it is not that small!

Thank God for a godly wife. I was thinking the #*!%$@ principle but she reminded me of the 1518 principle!

Most of all, thank God for the opportunity for me to build patience and trust in Him. This is invaluable in the character building side of things in my life.

Apparently, God may not think that I have learnt the 1518 lesson well enough. The same car problem happened again on Monday morning while on our way to the office. The situation is very much similar to what happened at Wisma. The whole thing costs me quite a lot of money. But my response is very much better than the first time round.

God is so good… He loves me so much that he will not let me go until I learnt the 1518 lesson well.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks pastor,

we trust God and thank Him in all circumstances n we can now see things in a new light@! haha

May 31, 2007 1:00 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Yes! We shall learn to see things from His perspective! Help me Jesus!

May 31, 2007 11:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya help me Jesus! this is always emergency rescue haha

June 01, 2007 8:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home