Monday, April 30, 2007

Good prayer for people living in Singapore

I am in Thailand now for the Hope camp... thinking of the lifestyle in Singapore... think this prayer should echo many of our hearts' desire.

"Slow me down, Lord. Ease the pounding of my heart by the quieting of my mind. Steady my hurried pace with the vision of the eternal reach of time. Give me amidst the confusion of my days the calmness of the everlasting hills. Break the tension of my nerves with the soothing music of the singing streams that live in my memory. Help me to know that restoring power of sleep. Teach me the art of taking minute vacations of slowing down, to look at a flower, pat a stray dog, to chat with an old friend or make a new one, to watch a spider build a web or smile at a child or to read a few lines from a good book. Remind me each day that the race is not always to the swift. And that there’s more to life than increasing its speed. Let me look upwards through the branches of a towering oak and know that it grew great and strong because it grew slowly and well. Slow me down, Lord."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pastor!
That's a beautiful prayer. I really like it a lot. It's very applicable. Where did you get it from? Is it okay that I quote from it?
Love, Shuyi

May 01, 2007 1:34 am  
Blogger ^_^ said...

amen!

- keng suan

May 02, 2007 5:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shuyi, I am waiting for my flight home at the BKK airport. Please go ahead and use it :)

May 03, 2007 8:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home