Saturday, April 07, 2007

2 Regrets & 1 Blessing

Last week, I did 2 things that I really regretted.

Firstly, because I had to find a place to do some work before the Easter rehearsal, I settled in Mac Café. It was around 6 pm plus. I bought a big cup of Latte and an apple crumble.

It's long been established that I should never drink coffee after 5pm. It will always affect my sleep or rather cause me to not be able to sleep at all. I remembered it but I did it anyway.

Lo and behold, I could not sleep on that night. Although I was dead tired, my mind came racing from stuff to stuff. I was only able to find some reasonable shut eye time after 4-5am.

Then on Tuesday night, after settling some admin stuff past the midnight hour, I decided to stay up for the Man U – Roma game. I don’t usually stay up for these graveyard shift games. I know that it would affect my tomorrows (sometimes it is more than a one day hang over… must be aging!) Anyhow, I remembered those past experiences but I did it anyway.

The result was less than ideal (we lost 2-1) but the after effect was much worse. I got up the next day much earlier than before (because I could not get to sleep after the game). We did some banking and then head to the office.

It was a long long day at the office. It was hard to keep focus. I really regretted and repented for not stewarding my time better :( The only silver lining in this was that it was only a one day thingy...

The one blessing, among many, that I wanted to highlight was that I headed to the office on Good Friday morning and I discovered that I had forgotten to bring along the office keys. It was a public holiday and no one was in the office.

But praise be to God, James was there in the office. James had apparently stayed over at the office after the Mandarin all night prayer meeting. I had totally forgotten about that. This was a first for James to stay overnight and it was also a very rare time that I had forgotten the office keys. God is soooo good to me. It was indeed a good Friday for me!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do rest well after the Easter Services! LCK

April 08, 2007 9:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home