Monday, March 26, 2007

6 Weird Things About Me...

I got tagged by JX. Not wanting to be outdated and uncool... here's my list....

These are the rules:
Each player of this game starts out by giving 6 weird things about themselves.
People who get tagged need to write in a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state the rules clearly.
In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names.
After you do that, leave them each a comment letting them know you tagged them and to read your blog!

1. I like to watch slow moving melodrama

I like these sorts of movies especially when those that move the human spirit. Movies like Hotel Rwanda, Cinderella Man, I Am Sam, The Pianst are just some that I can think of. I do not really fancy movies like LOTR, Star Wars or Matrix. They are too high tech for me and I do not understand why the characters do not walk, die or fart like normal people.

2. I am rather particular about how things are placed around me

On my desk and in my house, things have to be placed in the exact place. When someone merely touches the things around me, I would know. For example, the air-con controller in my study room has to be placed parallel to the edges of the table. It sounds like Oppressive Compulsive behavior but I assure you that it is not... at least not so serious yet.

3. I bathe a lot

When I am at home for the whole day, I can bathe up to 3-4 times per day. Because my heat tolerance is rather low, bathing is one sure way to keep myself cool... physically and emotionally.

4. I often brush my teeth after meals

Though my pearly whites are not really that white or properly aligned, I have this habit of brushing and flossing my teeth regularly. When I am in the office, I would mostly brush my teeth after meals. By the way, I use Colgate. LO would laugh at me when I floss. Because I floss so hard, he would ask me to take it easy so that the teeth won't fall out.

5. I often fall asleep during movies

Perhaps I am getting old, I often fall asleep during movies. It does not matter how exciting the scene is, I would still fall asleep. I once watch Jaws and I did not get to see the shark at all as I fell asleep at the very front part of the movie and only woke up to know that the shark had already been disposed of.

6. I am generally quite normal

People may think that I am generally weird. So the weird thing that you may not know is that I am actually quite normal. If I have my way, I would term this entry as 6 unusual or special things about me. But to begin with, who really defines normalcy?

Sorry, I have to break the rules here by not tagging it on to another 6 persons... I am the rules-stater as well as the rules-breaker.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ying Fang said...

Good morning Pastor =)

Thanks for your interesting and open entries. Actually... behaviour sounds anal-retentive... :P

March 26, 2007 9:51 am  
Blogger ^_^ said...

pastor jeff, the proper name is "obsessive compulsive disorder" (OCD) instead of "Oppressive Compulsive behavior". but i think having a mild obsession that doesn't interfere with everyday life doesn't count as OCD. i'm obsessive over spelling. hee...

March 26, 2007 10:59 am  
Blogger Hiew Hong Teck said...

hey, did know u are such a lean mean bathing machine.... you are also OCD (Obsessive Christ-following Dude)

March 26, 2007 7:42 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

when did u watch jaws? if u were old then, i dun even dare to know how old u r now!

March 26, 2007 10:51 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

yes.. its sounds like anal-retentive. Noted on OCD. Thanks...and thanks HT for the cool terms :)

Alvin, its not the 1st Jaws. If I remember correctly, I believe its the 5th part. So I am not that old!

March 27, 2007 9:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home