Sunday, March 11, 2007

List Of Great Questions

Someone once said, "I am not afraid of people asking questions; I am more afraid of people always giving the same answers!"

Asking great question is often the beginning of great discoveries. Excellent asnwers are birth from excellent questions. So, we need to learn to ask questions with regards to the things around us as well as the issues within us.

Moreover, a leader is also a learner and a learner is a student of himself.

Below are a list of great questions that deserve good answers. The list is not exhaustive...

Question in Leadership
Who am I discipling at the present moment?

2 Timothy 2:2
And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others.

Question in Ministry
How can I do it better the next time?

Colossians 3:23
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men

Question in Outreach
Who and when did I last share the gospel with?

1 Corinthians 9:16
Yet when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, for I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!

Question in Spiritual Growth
What is God dealing with in my life now?

Ephesians 4:13
until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

Question in Accountability
Who can I be completely honest with regarding my struggles?

Romans 14:12
So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.

Question in Prayer Life
What & when did God speak to me the last time?

1Thessalonians 5:17
pray continually

Question in Giving
When was the last time I gave until it hurts?

2 Corinthians 8:3
For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own,

May we all learn to be brutually honest with ourselves with these self-searching (not self-condemning!) questions.

ps: this lesson was prepared in May 1999 for the youth leaders of Hope Singapore

5 Comments:

Blogger zz_xiaodi said...

Thanks Ps Jeff for reminding us all these great questions for our self-reflection! =p

March 11, 2007 12:38 am  
Blogger Tricia said...

good questions to know and reflect!! will use these for myself and my core... :) thanks for the tips...

March 11, 2007 8:48 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Glad that it is of help. Do use them well :)

March 13, 2007 9:06 pm  
Blogger yeu@nn said...

thanks Ps Jeff! these are very good questions... :) will use them soon... thank God for you! :D

March 14, 2007 6:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think this post is a great one!! Pastor jeff! =)

March 18, 2007 12:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home