Monday, May 21, 2007

The Night My House Was Raided & Heart Shredded

I was home slightly later and all excited to watch the FA Cup Final. My mobile was beeping crazy from my sister's sms-ing. She and her hubby were holidaying in Milan. She is a real soccer fanatic and she kept asking me for updates from the game.

By the way, she had also promised me that she would litter Milan crazy in revenge for our Champions League defeat!

Part way during the game, my phone rang. Sam Gan called me and told me that around 2 of them would be coming up to my house to watch the game after their leadership meeting. I said ok but told them that they had to be a bit quiet as Claudia had gone to bed early to prepare for her service leading on the next morning.

When I opened the door for the 2 fellows, I was totally surprised to find that it was not 2 but 7 of them. I totally felt like my house was raided! Anyhow, it was great fun. The fun thing was trying to contain our excitement in a silent fashion. It could very well cause fatal constipation!

Out of the whole lot, there was only one Chelsea supporter. He had to try even harder to contain his excitement every time Chelsea launched a promising attack. He was obviously fearful of the rest of the United hard-die.

Unfortunately, my sister has to now extend her littering campaign to the neighborhood of Chelsea as well! We did not win!

It was a terrible evening for me. My house was raided and heart shredded.

After the night will come the morning! Thanks be to God, the Mandarin preaching on the following morning really revived my own spirit greatly even as I shared the Word!

I had a really wonderful time with our people. They were all excited and raring to go for the Kingdom. I was challenged and strengthened.

Thank God for our Mandarin group!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly.. hearts were shattered all the way from punggol to jurong east. some say even JB n Batam.

May 21, 2007 5:19 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

haha Shann... you are very funny! not only Batam but all over the globe!

We will be back!

May 22, 2007 12:21 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow...Ps Jeff! Gave me a fright! Your blog title was House Raided and I thot literally raided by thieves! Chey...raided by humans...Hope you are well!

May 22, 2007 4:03 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

My apology Angela... thanks for the concern. Being raided by church people is something you should be very familiar with in NZ!

Keep up the wonderful work in that part of the globe.

May 22, 2007 5:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CHELSEA ROCKS!!!!

WE GOT THE DOUBLE!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

May 22, 2007 10:46 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Yeap... congrats to all the Chelsea's supporters... enjoy your double...

May 23, 2007 9:26 am  
Blogger Weizhu said...

wow, if all soccer fans were like you, they won't need all those police and troops at matches! =D

May 23, 2007 10:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home