Monday, July 02, 2007

The Daily Scoop

Move over Ben & Jerry. Move over Haagen Dazs. Move over Hokkaido. Here comes The Daily Scoop.

Claudia and I have long heard about this place but we have not tried it before. So on a Sunday evening, we decided to pay our long over-due homage to Sunset Way (near Singapore Institute of Management & Ngee Ann Polytechnic).

In this quiet neighborhood, you can find one of the best ice-creams in Singapore. It is quite far off from the main road. The little shop is tucked away in the Clementi Arcade.

The ice-creams are very special because they are all made in the shop and they carry all sorts of local and other regular flavors. They have flavors like Durian, Cempedak, Kookie Monster, Lychee, Bailey's Cream and many others. I also tried the Chunky Peanut Butter flavor and it was awesome. Peanut butter is a comfort food for many people, me included!

It costs around $2.90 for one scoop and $4.90 for two scoops. I guess that the price is rather reasonable. You should also try the waffle with the ice-creams.

It is a rather small shop and people from all over the island would drive to this shop to satisfy their cravings.

The owners are probably believers as daily bread are made available FOC at the counter and James 1:17 is proudly proclaimed on the wall decoration.

I think God has anointed them to make ice-cream!

Try it and let me know your verdict...




12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

July 02, 2007 3:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I doubt this would taste better than anderson. But I would certainly try this when I can. jt

July 02, 2007 5:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try this.

:)

http://icecreamchefs.blogspot.com/

July 04, 2007 10:12 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds good, Ps Jeff! Shall definitely try and get Mum to take us! If I'm not wrong, the owner is one of our Grand Aunt's friends! (:

July 04, 2007 10:35 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Thanks Jeff (my evil twin) for the recommendation.

Hi Steph, it was wonderful to see you just now. I was thinking that we will be having lunch together but you guys left :(

When you visit the store, get discount cards for me! Enjoy your stay here in Spore.

July 04, 2007 1:53 pm  
Blogger sandra lim said...

I was deciding if I should go for an ice cream treat or a "tau huay" treat later. Already decided on Tau Huay but after your entry, I change my mind. =)

July 05, 2007 7:38 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

haha Sandra... hwo about a Tua Huey flavored ice-cream :)

Did not hear from you for some time on your dad. Praying along with you that he will get even better.

July 05, 2007 9:59 pm  
Blogger The Recreation Corner said...

Yo Pastor

After seeing your blog I actually went down a few days after. Really a nice cosy place =)

Must affirm the Christian owner for living out his/her faith in the marketplace thru the business.

July 08, 2007 12:29 am  
Blogger sandra lim said...

Hi Ps Jeff, unfortunately, I couldn't find the place that evening when I was craving for an ice cream so I made do with a Ice Milo instead.

Thanks for your continual prayers for my dad. He has been discharged & is receiving home therapy. Just had a bad fall & hit his head. He's not feeling the pain in the head but his lower back. Am praying that all will be fine.

July 08, 2007 9:26 pm  
Blogger Davina said...

Hi Pastor!
Haha, i managed to try. Tried the Avocado (which i can't taste the taste after eating Choc Brownie ;P)

After reading your blog, Feel like trying the other flavours now! hahah!

There's also Island Creamers (which you can find one beside the 7-11 at Centre Point basement, which serves local flavours too like Teh-Tarik & Horlicks.

But nothing beats the shop that serves Daily Bread!! haha

July 09, 2007 7:29 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hi Andrew, I am glad you like it.

Thanks Doreen for the Island Creamers tip. Will try it soon.

July 09, 2007 11:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Ps Jeff, was thinking, perhaps one day you could set up an ice-cream shop of ur own, together with Ps Ben too.

Then you could call ur ice-cream brand "Ben and Jeffrey"... :P

Sorry, I know tt's a very cold joke. Think I ate too much ice-cream liao. Haha!

July 16, 2007 12:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home