Saturday, June 23, 2007

It’s Sickening To Be Sick

I used to take pride that I rarely fall sick. In fact, I only fall sick once every 3-4 years. But just this month, I had been sick twice :(

Because of the various camps and some housing work, it has been a while since I last went for a run or any form of reasonable exercise. It is no wonder why I fall sick on Wednesday. I woke up on Wednesday morning having a really bad sore throat and slight headache. I manage to drag myself to work but my soul and spirit were still left at home.

Wan Leng then told me that he was also sick last week and there had been a flu epidemic going around. Pastor Marcus Rose, from Hope Berlin, who was here in Singapore for training for also down with a fever. James was also down with fever. Seemed like everyone was falling like flies.

I went to the Lee Clinic for a check up. The doc told me that I had not seen him for almost 3 years already. The doc checked if I had contracted dengue. Thank God that it was negative. I had caught the flu bug instead.

After a few camps, some preaching and housing work, my body just could not take it. Anyway, as I am penning this now, I can feel myself getting better. Though I am far from being 110%, I am on the way up the scale.

It really convicts me of the importance of exercising and taking care of my body if I were to do greater things for God in my life. The bigger the vision, the healthier I need to be.

Blessed are the energetic for they shall inherit the earth!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey pastor jeff!
get well soon(: will be praying for you

June 23, 2007 11:53 pm  
Blogger ^_^ said...

the earth is the inheritance of the meek already. i think the energetic shall inherit... more energy? :P or maybe the kingdom of heaven.

June 24, 2007 12:07 am  
Blogger Tricia said...

Pastor..do take care of yourself. many are falling sick. will be praying for you..

Yanz

June 24, 2007 9:15 pm  
Blogger yeu@nn said...

hey Ps Jeff! Haha... like your title! :) And same here... been KO'ed by the flu bug... seems really powerflu this one...

And oh! I heard these lyrics before... (don't hammer me for this! :P)
(To the tune of 'Pass It On')
"It only takes a sneeze
To get the flu bug going
And soon all those around
Can join in the sneezing...
That's how it is with the flu bug
Once you've gotten it
You'll have to pass it on..."

June 24, 2007 11:04 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Thanks for all your well wishes. I am better already.

In fact, I was just preaching at the Fil anniversary. It was a fantastic time where we see many come to know Jesus. The spirit of love and outreach is indeed very strong in our Fil group. It's awesome.

June 25, 2007 12:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...you are rite,Pastor Jeff. Keeping oursleves healthy is a commitment we must make if God were to use us to further His Kingdom.

Yah, just prayed for you and the rest at church office.

Take care ya..

Celine

June 25, 2007 1:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pastor,

we all need to recharge once in a while. xiao bing shi fu :) god's blessing.

hope yr rest was a good one.

June 26, 2007 11:56 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hi Celine & Shann,

Thanks for the prayers and the well wishes. Am getting better and will exercise!

June 26, 2007 3:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home