Friday, June 29, 2007

One Year Of Blogging!

Time flies! I had been blogging for one year already.

I can still vividly recall my first entry. I drafted it out to some of my friends and got them to review it first. I was trying so hard to be pre-believer friendly that it came out so very strange. Even if I can still find that draft copy, I dare not even post it! It is just too embarrassing.

I remembered setting very clear objectives for my blog. I had wanted to use it to influence others towards God. I hope that through blogging my everyday life, I am able to inspire and encourage more to move towards and closer to Jesus and His church.

Instead of trying to think too hard on what I should blog, I reckoned that it should flow out of my everyday living. It should be as authentic and non-pretentious as possible.

Now 12 months later, I hope that this blog has achieved what it had set out to do.

One of the highest highs was when a pre-believer wrote to me and asked me to share with him about Jesus after he chanced upon this blog. One of the lowest lows was when someone posted a vulgar comment that I had to remove.

Looking back, I want to really thank many of you who had taken the time to post a comment, ask a question, give a feedback or affirm a truth. I treasure every one of your input. It means a lot to me.

At this point, I would also like you to suggest and give me any feedback that would make this blog more attractive and useful. I will do my best to improve whatever that I can.

Mucho Gracias!

13 Comments:

Blogger JesuaFreak said...

PJ, use a webcam and doa video blog.. hahaha

Cool rite...

June 29, 2007 9:24 pm  
Blogger The Recreation Corner said...

Ya... I recalled you mentioned in one of your evax sermon that you actually recorded yourself sharing your last words in preparation for your funeral wake.

Viewing that here would be cool =p

June 30, 2007 1:19 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Thanks JX and Andrew for the ideas. I will need to go and learn on how does one post this webcam & video thing in the blog.

As I am not a very high tech person, I would need help in this. I have noticed that many blogs have video postings and they do seem very interesting.

June 30, 2007 10:20 am  
Blogger Huanyan said...

actually I also kena vulgar language before, and that was twice lah. I guess the kind of content you are blogging, it tends to attract such comments :)

June 30, 2007 10:54 pm  
Blogger Tiger said...

Congrats on your 1st anniversary of blogging!! :)

July 03, 2007 2:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ps Jeff,

You are great the way you are BECAUSE you let yourself be who GOD made you to be - real, authentic and unpretentious. And that's why I think you are one of the most impactful preacher-teachers we're blessed to have. Thank GOD for you, a courageous and GOD-loving minister and brother in CHRIST :)

-Sandy

July 03, 2007 3:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feedback time! :)
i learnt alot more about what's happening in church through your blog. its helps me get connected as a member.

i also learnt abt your simple but impactful lifestyle that is attainable and achievable in this rat race.

i learnt how to not take myself too seriously but to take God very seriously. & i thank god for your sharing.

+++

1. Hope that you can recommend some of the books you read,

2. Share w us about the moulding of your pastoral ministry [for those who inspired to be pastors, careleaders]. Testmonies of your transformed life from an engineer to a pastor. from visiting pubs to visting churches etc.. i think i wld love to learn from you.

3. Marriage life sustainance. Communication?

Thank you, your blog is awesome!

July 03, 2007 4:57 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Thanks JM, Sandy & Shann. I appreciate your kind words and feedback very greatly.

I will do my best to be an even greater blessing to all.

July 03, 2007 10:22 pm  
Blogger Hiew Hong Teck said...

about webcast or v-blog, you have my number ps jeff. i'll do what i can to help enhance your blog.

July 04, 2007 10:01 am  
Blogger Zachary said...

Hey pastor!

Since you ask for feedback... =)

Perhaps it would be good if you placed links to other websites and blogs you are interested in. Hence this blog would be like a "dead end" where people will have to press the back button to go another website.

Yep! Anyway, don't be so bother about the vulgar comments. I posted several apologetics post on my blog. One of them actually got feature (aka dissected n shot) by the athetist community on their online website. Haha. Just take it with a bit of salt i guess. Either raise a revival or a riot right? Haha.

July 04, 2007 11:28 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Thanks HT for the offer and welcome back!

Hi Zach, noted on your feedback. Will work on this when I have more time next week...

July 04, 2007 1:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great blog!

July 04, 2007 11:30 pm  
Blogger Davina said...

Hi, thanks for your effort in blogging/reaching out to us through this avenue.
It's encouraging and inspiring to see your perserverance in doing God's will.

I'm not a high-tech person too. And can't think any off hand now. haha, so not much feedback for now. The other's feedback seems great.

July 09, 2007 7:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home