Sunday, July 15, 2007

Service Visitations

It has been a wonderful weekend. As I was not scheduled to preach over this weekend, I took the opportunity to do service visitations.

The first service I visited was our Indonesian Service. It was once again very encouraging to me to hear Praise & Worship and preaching done in Bahasa. Although I could not understand most of the songs, the presence of God was clearly present.

Mike had always been able to connect so well with the crowd. From the response of the people, they had obviously enjoyed and learnt much from Mike’s sermon. I only wished that I could understand Bahasa so that I could enjoy the service a lot more.

I also caught up with a new visitor to the Indonesian service that I first met some 6-7 years ago. Being in church, you get to meet and re-meet many people in the most unexpected times. I am sure of you can certainly identify with me.

Just two weeks ago, I spoke to my new Japanese neighbor who told me that he had visited a church in Cuppage Plaza during Christmas 2005. I asked him if he could remember seeing me speaking on stage and he exclaimed that it was no wonder that I looked rather familiar to him!

LO, Mike and I then had dinner with some of the Indo guy leaders before I rushed off for the University Alpha camp at Paris Ris PA campsite.

The camp was really interesting. I was asked by Joshua and his team to share about the person and roles of the Holy Spirit. It was interesting because I was supposed to share it to a group of around 17 pre-believers! We had wanted them to have a proper understanding of the different aspects of Christianity. The group had been praying hard and helping their pre-believing friends to come to a relationship with Jesus.

As I know, at least one of them crossed the line of faith last night. Prayerfully, more will certainly follow suit!

Sunday breakfast was spent with Choon Yam before I went off for the Mandarin service. I was totally amazed with the life transformation of a sister who is visually handicapped. Her life transformation is so evident and encouraging to those around her. I hope to be able to share it at another appropriate occasion.

As I end my day in reflection, I cannot help but to thank the many people who have poured their sweat, blood and tears into the building of God's Kingdom through our church. I am eternally thankful to people like Yin San, Joshua, James and their teams for their wholehearted devotions and dedications on a week to week basis. They poured our their lives out joyfully into their flock as God poured His into them.

Thank you Jesus and thank you all!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is indeed a divine match-maker! LCK

July 16, 2007 3:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pastor Jeff, look forward to meet u again in Europe. Let God bless Hope Europe canvention.
J:)rgen

July 19, 2007 4:09 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hi Juergen, looking forward to seeing all of you in Europe too. Before that, I have two outreach weekend to go and then I will be off to Europe.

Do pray with me that God will really bless us big time in the convention!

See you soon.

July 19, 2007 5:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home