Thursday, September 25, 2008

F1 Singtel Singapore

It is finally here! But to be honest, I am not that hyped up about it as I am unable to appreciate it as much. However, I want to learn…

For years now, some of my guy pals around me have been throwing names like Hamilton, Massa, Alonso etc etc. Some of them even have those short sleeves racing shirts that carry lots of advertisements.

I have also watched it on TV before and I do not want is the big deal to simply see cars zooming pass you. It is only exciting when crashes take place but these scenes are better watched on programmes such as “Sports Disasters” rather than F1 racing.

Nonetheless, some have been taking the effort to explain to me the deals with wet and dry weather tires, the amount of fuel to have in the tank, the air pressure beneath the car according to design and the pit stop strategy and some others. These facts have increased my increase somewhat and I have made plans to watched it during the weekend on my tele.

Some have also told me that the thrill comes when we get to hear the roaring sound of the engines as they zoomed pass you at close to 300km/hour. According to him, the sound is reason enough to watch it at live already. One of my friends who lived on the 30 plus floor of the Westin hotel told me that he could even hear it when the car did their rounds months ago!

I hear that one of my friend got a pair of tickets that cost up to $7000 (not sure if it just for one or both) for free! He will be sitting at the VIP seat with dinner and drinks thrown it as the drivers chase down the chequered flag.

Anyhow, enjoy your coming weekend with our first ever F1 race in Singapore and the first ever night race in the world!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree - what is the big deal about F1 racing? I wouldn't watch it even if I'm paid to do so - let alone pay to watch it.

September 25, 2008 11:10 pm  
Blogger The Recreation Corner said...

annoy-nymous:

No offence intended... I suspect you must be a lady =p

September 26, 2008 4:19 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

haha... some guys may not appreciate it as much either...

September 26, 2008 8:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha.. I am a lady and I would rather *drive* or sit in an F1 car or go-kart than watch it. Isn't this more exhilarating? :)

October 01, 2008 11:37 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

good on you ming ju!

October 02, 2008 10:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home