Sunday, December 07, 2008

Friends

I have just returned after teaching and preaching in the Malaysia National Convention in Kuala Lumpur. The convention hall was really huge. It is the hall located in Putrajaya that the Malaysian government would use for their meeting. It was quite an experience for me and some of the leaders that went along to teach and preach alongside me.

Shirley, Jasmine and Mike did really great in their assigned roles in the convention. They exhibited great servanthood attitude and competence. It is really rewarding to serve and do life with your friends and co-labourers in the Kingdom.














Among many blessings, one of them has also got to be the opportunities to connect with some old pals in the past week.

Firstly, I was really happy to get a comment entry from KT. KT and I went back to the uni days. We share many of our badness and goodness together. We served together in the same care group during our uni days. And to get one of your generation buddies tagged you on your blog is really quite a miracle!

Secondly, while in the MNC, I bump into my old pal George while he stood beside me in the next urinal! No, we did not shake hands or hugged but simply say “hi” while there. I also had the opportunity to pray for George as he came to the altar during one of my preaching. We prayed together that God will open doors for his God endeavour.

Lastly, while I was invited to present prizes for some of the competitions that took place during the convention, one of the winners was Aaron Tan. Aaron and I go back a long long way as we both serve in the same care group back in the early 90s. He was the care group guitarist and boy, can he sing and play the guitar! To present him with the prize is a special moment that I will cherish for a long time.

By the way, while I was walking around the big hall, his young son came to me and offered me a sweet. It made my day!

Thank you friends for making my week a most memorable one…

14 Comments:

Blogger raez_rachel said...

hi pastor Jeff, Rachel Pang here from Hope Pj Youth. was glad to know that u'd a great time in this MNC. the youth here inspired by your teachings so much especially my sheep for her first time joining (:
we would like to thank u for u'd touched and changed a life here in PJ Youth! ;)
btw, im planning to visit Hope S'pore with my care leader during this Christmas. really hope to see y'all soon!
God Bless~

December 08, 2008 9:56 pm  
Blogger Davina said...

Oh my.. so the Malaysian church was actually away on conference!!
(That explained the empty or locked door on their PJ premises after my dad circled ard 30 mins looking for the place on Sun while I was in KL!!) Argh. My cousin has out of the blue asked to go to church along with me, and decided to bring her to ours only to find an empty door. :(
But we ended up back in Calvary church not too late for service near home instead! :)

Just too bad didn't get to visit Hope@KL everytime i could make it..

December 09, 2008 3:25 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hi Rachel, am glad that we have all gained much from all the teachings and preachings at the MNC. I had learnt much myself :)

See you in Singapore soon.

What a waste davina ;(

It would have been great if your family and you were at the convention... next time then.

December 09, 2008 9:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks alot pastor for ur inspritional teaching.. im ethan from hope kuantan, East coast

December 09, 2008 2:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pastor Jeff,

Inspired by your teaching and workshop during MNC. Ya...your teaching and sharing had answered all my question for leadership and church direction. I believe I can do it better now and for next year. Thanks you so much.

December 09, 2008 5:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pastor Jeff,

Inspired by your teaching and workshop during MNC. Ya...your teaching and sharing had answered all my questions for leadership and church direction. I believe I can do it better now and for next year. Thanks you so much.

Siew Ling, Hope Kuantan

December 09, 2008 5:17 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Wow... great to hear from you all teh way over at Kuantan! Yes, let's all learn and grow together.

December 10, 2008 9:35 am  
Blogger LucKyClov3R said...

Hi Pastor Jeff, thanks for sharing with us on how to become a good preacher. It is indeed a lot of hard work :) Blessed Christmas to you and your family!

Cheryl,
Hope Penang.

December 10, 2008 8:54 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hi Cheryl, I was trying to debunk the point that it comes natural to me to just stand on the stage and preach. It is a lot of hardwork and dependence on God. I am still learning and growing as a preacher, leader and mostly, a child of God :)

December 10, 2008 8:59 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

My bro Jeff, I'm so happy and thankful to God for what you're doing in your life. I miss those times we are together cracking jokes and other mischeavious stuffs. For those who do not know your past, it was really a miracle of God. I have the video we made in 1993 NTU Hall 7. Made a copy for you. Liked the home video of 'I'm Too Sexy for My Shirt'. Haha. Hope to catch up with you one day. Been a really long time. BTW, from the pictures I think you still have the same belly size as many years ago - a compliment by the way. God bless, my friend

December 11, 2008 4:31 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hey Jug Koon,

Yes, the tummy is still there. Can send me the video again? I love to see them again man. We did make many MTVs in hall 7.

Can send it to me at the church office at 412 Joo Chiat Road S(427637).

Thanks bro

December 11, 2008 10:06 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ok bro. Will send the DVD to you. Make sure you share with your church, of course with some degree of censorship.

December 12, 2008 12:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha.. the before and after. I was just sharing with friends from Hope Penang and Hope KL that Pastor Jeff is a Christ-follower (after God's heart despite being a necessarily imperfect human being) and at the same time, humorous and very FUN!! Good to balance between being spiritual and humorous/fun/interesting at the same time! =)

December 13, 2008 10:27 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hey Ming Ju,

You are totally right on the imperfect part! It was good to see you at the MNC. Hope you had fun and get to meet many other hope people as well.

December 13, 2008 11:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home