Monday, July 17, 2006

Leaving For South Africa


After coming home from work, I had to discipline myself to go for a short run. I had to be fit and alive for the next few days as I make my way to visit our church in Johannesburg. I really do look forward to meeting Jo, Kris and especially Alesha. I look forward to spending time with them. (that's Alesha & me a few years ago)

There are also some important missions that I need to accomplish. We need to be empowering the local leaders to rise up and take up even more responsiblities in the church. We need to be training and praying for God's anointing to be upon them. At the end of the day, it would still be the best for Africans to lead Africans.

Jo has pre-warned me of the unforgiving weather at this time of the year. It is close to 0 degree when the night falls. A couple of years ago when I was there at the camp, we were staying in a camp site situated in a valley. I vivdly recalled staying in a room that felt more like a fridge. I finally understood how frozen pork must have felt.

I am often (almost always) sent to camps during the winter period. When I was in Norway, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa in the past, it was always for the winter camp. I do like cool weather but this could be a bit too much at time :)

Anyhow, time to go to the freezer again in a few hours time. Amidst the cold, I do really look forward to meeting our people there. May the fire of the Holy Spirit keep me focused and warm for the next 7 days...

3 Comments:

Blogger ^_^ said...

"I finally understood how frozen pork must have felt."

perhaps frozen pork is more blessed, on account of it being dead. :P

- ks

July 18, 2006 9:39 am  
Blogger The Recreation Corner said...

Take care Pastor Jeff

July 18, 2006 11:50 am  
Blogger ^_^ said...

oops... forgot to wish you a pleasant journey. God bless!

July 18, 2006 3:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home