Monday, December 04, 2006

Malaysia National Convention 2006

Claudia and I had a fantastic time in Johor Bahru with the rest of our Malaysian churches. I had the privilege of speaking in some of the sessions and the people were really responsive to God’s truth. I was telling them life stories of the wonderful people in Hope Singapore and many were really encouraged. Your life is making more impact than you can ever imagine on this side of heaven. Way to go Hope Singapore!

The highlight for me was the Missions Night. This is the first time that I am given a full comprehensive picture of what God have been doing through Hope Malaysia. We have covered all, but 2 remaining, states in the whole country. There are also preparation works to enter into 8 virgin countries. One team had already landed in a new country and the testimonies were most inspiring. We had also entered into around 30 universities all over the nation. Being given a bird-eye’s view of the work, it was most exciting and encouraging to me.

During the convention, I also had the opportunities to renew many of the friendships that I had made over the years. Many of the pastors and leaders have really helped me so much in my own walk with the Lord. It was most refreshing to me to just hear their experiences with God.

During one the many meal times, Aaron from Melaka came and said hello to me. This is a wonderful friend that I had not met for over 9 years. We were serving in the same care group many years ago. There was so much to say and yet we did not know where to even begin. But the mere presence and hug spoke volumes.

I arrived back in Singapore at around evening time. I was so totally zonked out. Anyhow, I hope to be able to share some photos from the convention with you when I get them.

It is good to be back…

6 Comments:

Blogger Davina said...

Welcome Back Pastor Jeff!!

Great, refreshing and encouraged to hear about Msia's progress and extension in the land thru Hope.

Was very much blessed by the works that comes from the hearts and zeal of Christ followers for Christ since many years ago in the land of Malaysia. Ppl from different churches and parts of the world.

Now am greatly blessed in Singapore. and growing to be a blessing more.

May they grow and fill the land with God's love and truth as much as possible.

December 04, 2006 8:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo pastor...

I was really blessed by your teaching and preaching. Thanks for your refreshing and exciting teaching. Is one of the best Malaysia convention I had ever attend since 15 years back when Hope of God started in Msia. God really convicted and speak to me this 4 days. I had made this commitment to God that i want to be once again on fire for Him.

Not only your teaching but thanks for sharing what had God done to in Hope Singapore. Really encouraged by what is doing in Hope Singapore church and even the Mission work singapore.

Guess it's been a tiring trip for you too. I also reach KL bout 9pm after the 5 hours drive back. May you have a good rest. God Bless.

jui

*By the way, i have few pictures of you and beloves wife photos. Where can i sent to you?

December 05, 2006 3:02 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hi jui, i am so blessed to know that God has done soemthing wonderful in your heart. Continue to be the best for Jesus. Hope Spore has many great people and we are glad to be an encouragement.

You can send the photos to church@hopesingapore.org.sg. Thanks so much

December 05, 2006 8:52 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank God 4 hope malaysia & hope churches around the world! we r marching on...!

December 06, 2006 10:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to know that God is moving around the whole world. Really exciting to heard about God's work in other nations as well :)

December 07, 2006 12:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pastor!

I am truly blessed by your teaching when you were with us.

Continue to use the jokes and the different perspective to rock the house of God!!

January 01, 2007 9:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home