Thursday, November 23, 2006

My Thailand Trip

As promised, I am blogging on my recent trip to Thailand with Claudia.

Both Claudia and I have always enjoyed going to Thailand for some different and similar reasons. For me, one of the reasons why I enjoyed Thailand is because of the food. The food is really tasty and affordable (by Singaporean standards).

Below are 2 dishes that I enjoyed immensely. One is the fish maw soup and the other one is the Thai salad with baby crabs. The other dish, the Vietnamese Spring Roll, is very challenging for me. It is so fresh that you would actually feel like a cow while chewing it. I literally feel like I am eating grass! It is just too fresh for my liking. It is probably Nebuchadnezzar's fave dish...






This is the grass lover dish!






Here is a picture of me and my food with my new specs. Am I cool or am I cool!?!













For Claudia, one of the many reasons why she enjoyed Thailand is shopping. I am sure many Singaporean ladies are responsible of pushing up the Thailand’s GDP by at least a few percentage points with every visit.

One of the many common reasons why we enjoyed Thailand is because of friends. We have nurtured many deep relationships during the many trips that we have made over all these years.



Us and Chue (Claudia’s long time friend since the students days)



Me and David Chen (I know him while both of us still had thick hairs!)













Besides the above factors, the other more spiritual reasons why we enjoyed Thailand are the fellowship and teachings from the other Hope leaders from all over the globe. I had learnt so much from their teachings; over the pulpit and even more so from the sharing for their lives with me.

Since my first trip to our Hope Bangkok in 1993, my life has been impacted in so many ways. I had learnt what it means to really be a servant for Jesus and what it means to be biblical in our mindset and worldview. All these precious takeaways have blessed me enormously.

Here is a picture of us with the leaders from the European Continent. (Prakich, Jana & Andrea)













Two of the Hope Hong Kong Leaders and the Hope Singapore Team













Henry & Lerato Sabata (Joburg leaders) with us













Claudia, Joesph (Hope Seoul), Joseph (Hope Tokyo) LO & Pat













It is so good to belong to this big family of God. Claudia and I are convinced that Hope Singapore can and must play a significant role in God's global redemption plan.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pastor! Hope you did have fun over there!

November 26, 2006 9:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pastor Jeff

Thank God for you...you had been a blessing to me and to many other people =)

Greatly blessed..Highly favoured...Deeply loved...

November 27, 2006 12:34 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hi cc2, I had a great time. Thanks xiaoyun for your kind words.

November 27, 2006 9:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home