Thursday, October 26, 2006

E-Learning Opportunities

One of the greatest things that come out of the internet era is the easy access to many good and free learning.

In the past, whenever I wanted to learn something, I recalled having to visit bookshops and then spent countless hours poring over pages and pages to seek out relevant information. I also remembered having to spend money buying cassettes to listen to the teaching on my walkman (remember these things?).

Nowadays, resources are a plenty if we would only have the desire to learn. There are churches and organizations that allow their preaching and teaching to be streamed for viewing. There are even churches that share the transcripts of their sermons.

I remembered the first time I discovered these resources on the net. It was like finding an oasis in the Sahara desert! These resources have really floated my boat (reminded of this saying by Hong Teck recently) over all these years of serving and walking with Jesus.

I am eternally grateful for these resources that had often found me in my times of needs. Many of these teachers and preachers have mentored me in more ways that I could ever recollect.

Like the bible had said, much is given and much will be expected. Living in the internet age had opened so many doors for us to learn as well as to share and spread grace. Let’s be good stewards of what God have given us to further His cause.

Some of the good website that you can check out are as follows…

www.pastors.com
http://www.mppcfamily.org
http://www.joycemeyer.org
http://www.manutd.com

One of them may have nothing to do with teaching…

I know that there are many more but these are some that I would visit on a more frequent basis.

Happy learning and growing

8 Comments:

Blogger The Recreation Corner said...

Ha ha ha... www.manutd.com ROCKS! =p

October 26, 2006 11:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.daily-devotions.net/ is worth visit everyday, lest our fuel run dry.. ;p

October 27, 2006 11:49 am  
Blogger Huanyan said...

sorry pastor,

I dun necessarily agree with your fourth choice, but then the first three are good.

October 27, 2006 9:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very funny and edifying :) i mean the first three links of course =)

Ya, the Internet can be used for good or evil. Let's turn it into a weapon of light for J!

By the way, I have been wanting to post Comments on Ps Ben's blog too.... unfortunately he has enabled only those with Blogger accounts to post comments... I have Blogger but it's Blogger in Beta (the newer version of Blogger) & can't post in the Old Blogger =(

October 28, 2006 12:54 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Thank you all for your comments. Hope there are new "converts" to Man U! MJ, how about it?

October 28, 2006 1:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure :) i do watch some soccer, u know... In fact, my current injury was partly due to my being too 'garang' as a Weekend Warrior at a sub-district Inter-Caregroup sports meet two months ago which included a Mixed-Gender soccer game!! It was fun though. :)

October 28, 2006 9:22 pm  
Blogger yeu@nn said...

http://www.manutd.com

One of them may have nothing to do with teaching…


Ertz... ertz... ertz... o_O''' LOL, very funny! :D

But seriously, yes, really inspired by what you wrote - yup, want to seize the blessing of the Internet to really learn more and grow in knowledge and understanding... it really is such a joy to learn from other bros and sisters in Christ! :D Really encouraging too to see how the Body of Christ world-wide can edify and encourage one another.

I really look fwd to the day that our Hope e-store and teaching resources will hit the top 10 list in google.com... aMeN! :D

October 29, 2006 4:59 am  
Blogger Huanyan said...

certainly there is no MU convert

October 29, 2006 11:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home