Monday, November 27, 2006

Manchester United vs Chelsea

After preaching in 3 services and attending a wake, I was wondering if I had enough energy to watch this big game at around midnight. Boy, was I energized. In fact, I was so energized that I could not even sleep after the game. So I decided to blog.

My wife and I watched the game with LO, Pat and Sharon. Sharon, LO and I love the beautiful game greatly and we were totally transfixed on the game. Pat & Claudia would talk about other stuff from time to time (like lightings!) Who cares about lightings when we are playing against Chelsea?

In the end, I guess it was a fair result as Man U dominated the first half while Chelsea had the better share of the second half.

Looking back, it had really been a grace-filled week. I spent most of the first half of last week recovering from preaching in the 5 services from the previous weekend as well as to prepare for the 2 sessions in the Filipino Camp. Then I was only able to start preparing my weekend sermon on Friday morning. It was madness!

Nonetheless, God was so gracious to me. He sent my wife to give me great ideas for the sermon. He also gave me mental and spiritual strength to sustain through another weekend of preaching in 5 services. As I looked back at how my week unfolded, I was just amazed again at how God had graced me through. There is just this sense of gladness in my heart.

However, another week of madness is looming on the horizon. I had been tasked to preach and teach in 4 sessions for the upcoming Malaysian National Convention from Thursdays till Sunday. At this moment, I really do not feel up to the task at all. I am just so tired emotionally. I do not think that I can preach or teach for another minute more.

Then again, wasn’t that how I felt at the beginning of last week? So in a sense, I am both anticipative and fearful to see how this week is going to unfold for me. It sounds ironic but absolutely true of how I feel at this moment.

Time to sleep…

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rooney Rocks!

November 28, 2006 12:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lightings are more interesting.... ^_^

November 28, 2006 1:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One Step at a time...

Writing from a prison cell, theologian and matyr Dietrich Bonhoeffer: "I believe God will give us all the strength we need to help us resist in all times of distress. But God never gives it to us in advance, lest we should rely on ourselves, and not on God alone."

one step at a time.. and you will get there. Writing from a prison cell German theologian and martyr Dietrich Bonhoeffer, expresses it this way:

"I believe God will give us all the strength we need to help us resist in all times of distress. But God never gives it to us in advance, lest we should rely on ourselves, and not on God alone."

one step at a time..

And in his book 'The Screwtape Letters' C.S. Lewis lifts up another truth: 'God wants them to learn to walk ... and if only the will to walk is really there, God is pleased even with the stumbles.'

stumble on! God is lovingly watching you.

November 28, 2006 1:46 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hi MJ, it was good to talk to you. Wow, you quote from deep people. Do quote from people like Rooney and Homer Simpson to me as well :)

Thanks so much for the encourging words. Yes, I do enjoyed Bonhoeffer and Lewis writing from time to time. I will stumble on...

November 28, 2006 4:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no la. I get some of the stuff from the internet...

... Look cheem only. But really am just a very simple-minded & simple-hearted cookie =)

u dun need to reply this, dun worry =D juz wanted to encourage u that's all..

November 30, 2006 12:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home