Sunday, September 23, 2007

Dad’s Operation

Dad had a triple heart bypass operation on Friday. Thank God that it went really well.

As the doctor has already said, my dad is a “good 75” and it is amazing that he is able to go through this triple bypass operation at his age. It was a 4-hour operation and my whole family was waiting outside the operating theatre just to catch a glimpse of him when he is being wheeled out. I had seen this may times on television but this is the first time in my life to be living it out!

After spending about 24 hours in the ICU (intensive care unit), he is now recovering in the high dependency ward. What dad really needs now is lots of rest. Even when we visited him, he was not very engaged. He told us about the pain that he was experiencing. It hurts when he breathes more intensely and coughs.

My guess is that he should be out of the hospital within the next 1-2 weeks.

Thanks to many of you who had sms-ed or asked me in person about my dad’s conditions. Thanks to many of you who prayed for him as well. Thank God for my spiritual family!

4 Comments:

Blogger Hiew Hong Teck said...

may your dad recover speedily. our hearts and prayers reaches out to him.

September 23, 2007 5:49 pm  
Blogger ita-yishunss said...

Pray that your dad would recover fast and be able to go home soon. I believe that your dad is a living testimony for me that God is real. You have posted this question 'Is God Real' to Youth Service on Sat. Now I am able to answer this, Yes! God is real!

I have seen how God personally work through my life and change me. Our God is a great Lord, he is someone whom I can depend on, someone whom I can trust and someone who is always there for me.

Pastor Jeff, Now I can promise you and promise God that I will serve God whole hearted and would never leave him because he care for us and he would never forsake us.

Thanks Pastor Jeff!

Kaixiang

PS: Something I came across very recently that is very interesting, What God power to Save? 1 Cor 1:18-31. Refer to my blog on my writeup for it.

September 23, 2007 8:37 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Thanks very much HT & KaiXiang.

September 24, 2007 10:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God! It must have been tough for everyone. Do let your dad know that many are keeping him in prayers! :)

September 25, 2007 1:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home