Monday, October 08, 2007

Indo Fiesta

Yin San had asked me months ago to be there for the Indo Fiesta Service and I had been looking forward to it. Indo Fiesta is basically a time for the each of Indo group to present their cooking and performing talent. The theme is “Unity In Diversity”.

Having known my spiritual gift, I was asked to be one of the judges for the food competition. The food was really tasty. They were very creative in bringing out the theme through the presentation and preparation.

I sampled all the food while Yin San wolfed down the food. I had to remind her that as judges, our role is to give marks for the food and not simply to fill her hunger.

Throughout the performance and service, one of the things that kept recurring into my heart is how un-self-conscious and bold the Indos were when it came to expressing themselves. They were singing and dancing and laughing in their own natural element.

Although I could only understand very minimal Bahasa Indonesia, I was tickled pink by their extremely visual expressions.

I am waiting to get a video clip of some of the performance which I hope to show to us all.

Meanwhile, enjoy the following still-life for now.





An obvious female creation!







This is really nice





Monsieur & Madam Butterfly





The Ark Workers






The Crazy Bunch





Notice me?!?





Praise and the chu-chu-train!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is so cool!!!

October 08, 2007 8:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The indon group has grown. Well done people. LCK

October 09, 2007 10:21 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Yes indeed. The group is growing in both quality and quantity!

October 09, 2007 1:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home