Friday, December 28, 2007

Sakuraya Fish Mart

I have always loved Japanese food, especially sashimi. However, it is not easy to find those that are really fresh and reasonably priced. This is until I was introduced to the Sakuraya Fish Mart after watching Makansutra on TV.

This wonderful eating place is tucked away in the rather ulu Pasir Panjang area. It is around the NUS area. The winding drive along South Buona Vista Road is quite a treat by itself.













I must say that this is one of the freshest sashimi that I have ever tasted. For a very generous helping of Salmon and Tako (Octopus) sashimi (picture), it only costs me around S$17.

















You pick your sashimi (freshly packed) at the counter and they will prepare and serve it to you within minutes.

I also love the soupy soba noodles, the maki and the fried pregnant fish too. If you enjoy Japanese food, this should satisfy!

Do try it and let me know your verdict.

Sakuraya Fish Mart
3 South Buona Vista Road #02-01/02
The Village Centre Singapore 118136
Tel 67736973, 68725350

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah.. I found myself drooling..

Too bad that it's so out of place, especially for those who do not drive (like me). Going there will be a tough job.

Anyway, thanks for introducing it.. Sashimi rocks! ^_^

December 28, 2007 9:40 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

haha Livi. You should really try it. Part of the fun in seraching for good food is the search!

Get Shirley to go with you. She is rich!

December 28, 2007 4:28 pm  
Blogger Roger Caleb said...

I liked the designs of the Sake bottles and their different types of packagings. Dun like the taste of alcohol since i started driving 4 yrs ago and not good for stomach, enjoy Guinness once in a blue moon when i am at home or have some Wines - Heavy bodied ones from Argentina or Chile.

December 31, 2007 1:26 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hey Roger Caleb, It is indeed wise to not drink and drive... you are a smart man!

December 31, 2007 10:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried it for the first time today at another outlet. Pls ask me for the location of the other outlet at church , and I will tell you :)

February 13, 2008 11:09 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

so mj, was it nice?

February 14, 2008 9:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home