Thursday, November 22, 2007

Creation Pathway To God

First and foremost, let me say that I ain’t no jungle or nature boy. I am more of an urban boy but I do appreciate nature. I do enjoy the outdoor and nature from time to time.

As I had said in the Adults Camp 2007, there are various pathways to God. One of the ways that helped me from time to time is the Creation Pathway. People with this pathway come alive and marvel about God when they experience nature.

I recalled my first experience of the vastness and power of God in New Zealand. I was on top of Mount Cook and it was time as such that verses like Psalm 121:1-2 came totally alive!

Psalm 121:1-2
I lift up my eyes to the hills — where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth

It has helped me to appreciate and get close to God.

Do check out the book entitled Sacred Pathways by Gary Thomas for more of these insights. I believe this book is available at Hope Resource.


















Since shifting to this new place, I had taken walks from time to time in this park. It is only 5 minutes walk from my place. It is like a world away from the one that I am often cooped in. It does something to my heart and spirit when I take these slow walks. Moreover, it is also a great form of exercise!

To be honest, my footsteps in the background can sound a bit creepy. It may appear like some sort of scary movie.

Anyhow, take a walk with me (if you dare)...



5 Comments:

Blogger mikeraditya said...

Ps Jeff, it seems that the entire park is made just for you. you were the only one in the park. :)

November 22, 2007 8:58 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

haha Mike... it is my personal park. I am really rich!

November 22, 2007 11:30 pm  
Blogger yeu@nn said...

it's ur Garden of Eden... maybe u should change ur name to Adam... then you can find your Eve... oh wait. you already did. ;)

anyway! yeah! it's a very very beautiful park... oh gosh, so envious of you leh... haha... i'm a creation pathway too...

November 23, 2007 12:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it really seems eerie! coz' u were e only one and the sounds of the footsteps and wind hightened the effect ;o Thank God for parks!

November 24, 2007 1:33 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hey Yeu Ann, you should take walks as such more! Perhaps you will find your Eve as well when doing so :)

Haha Christine... indeed... it looks scary from the video. But in actual fact, it is very peaceful and nice.

November 24, 2007 10:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home