Monday, November 19, 2007

What A Weekend!

I had not been preaching for up to 4 weeks and then it was a full 6 services preaching on the weekend. The situation was made even more challenging with the Leaders’ Conference and the Staff Retreat taking place back to back a couple of days ago.

On Saturday, even before I started on the first of six preachings, I was already a bit tired. I also knew that it was an important weekend for the youth before they commenced on their discipleship focus before the Christmas harvest. I knew that I need to play my part well to aid in the strategic focuses.

But God was so faithful. He pulled me through all the services on Saturday and Sunday. As I did my part and depended on Him, He gave me the strength and ability to communicate His mind and heart. I am really thankful to God!

There were moments before and even during the preaching when my mind really felt like giving up. I held on remembering that Jesus is with me and I am merely an instrument in His Hand. I can only give and do my best and no more!

And the conclusion of the matter is this: whatever little that I have can become a lot in God’s hands. This is a precious lesson that I have to learn and re-learn, know and remember time and again in my life :)

I am also so thankful to those who prayed and helped me over the weekend. Totally grateful...

Thus I can say with conviction that God will surely do great things through your life and my life in this coming week! So go ahead and kick up some storms (good ones!) for the Kingdom.

10 Comments:

Blogger jaspoon said...

Amen! Many of us in Tertiary has not hear from you for some time. It was refreshing and was challenged to apply. I was challenged to apply the point too. God will keep using you this way!

November 19, 2007 12:24 pm  
Blogger jaspoon said...

It's me again!

Ps Jeff, Please come to preach in Tertiary service more and more. God is using your preaching gift to bless us!

November 19, 2007 4:45 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hi Jas, am glad to be useful in the Kingdom. Will do my best to share and impart as much as I can (:

November 19, 2007 8:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES we havent been hearing from you Ps Jeff in tertiary service..

WELCOME BACK!!

Really THANK God for you and Ps Jasmine

November 19, 2007 11:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and not missing out Ps Ben and the Church =)

November 19, 2007 11:50 pm  
Blogger longyao said...

meanwhile, don't forget us, though we are 'adult' already. you are needed everywhere!!

November 20, 2007 1:03 am  
Blogger DesmondMark said...

Pastor thank God for u! I saw how tired you are when I play guitar on stage, and u gave your best to us still! Thank you

November 20, 2007 9:50 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Thanks for all the very kind words. Really thank God for leading us through!

With Him, we can do much much more.

November 20, 2007 2:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jiayou pastor jeff. it is really impactful. God is using you to extend His kingdom greatly :)

you are always in my prayers.

November 21, 2007 1:06 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

I will certainly jiayou. Thanks very much for praying. I covet it!

November 22, 2007 8:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home