Wednesday, October 31, 2007

When The Game Is Over, It All Goes Back In The Box

I remembered the first time I heard John Ortberg taught. It was many years ago in Chicago. I was totally amazed at his insight, his humor and humility that he carried in presenting God’s Word.

Since then, I had been eagerly reading his book. One of my fave books in “Love beyond Reasons”. I had read the book at least 4 times!

Recently, John wrote another book entitled “When The Game Is Over, It All Goes Back In The Box” It is a book that challenges us to re-look at life through the lens of eternity. I am amazed at the many insights that the book gave. It really causes some geological plates in my life to be permanently shifted.









As usual, Ortberg peppered down to earth jokes in the midst of sharing these insights. I would recommend this book highly to those of us who lived fast paced life. We really need to slow down and re-look at our lives again.

This book has caused me to stop at many junctures in order to reflect on the challenging ideas that have been posed before me. I totally agree that a good book is often one that causes the need to stop in order to do some self reflection and then make certain practical resolutions.

Do check out his website at http://www.johnortberg.com/ as well.

There are many good stuff in there. He and his wife Nancy did a video session about Challenges Of Ministry With Your Mate. It was painfully honest and enlightening at the same time. It is a must see for couples in ministries!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loVe his book... thanks for sharing... we really need to take some time to reflect upon our lives..

God Bless!

October 31, 2007 10:15 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

yes, it is hard to read his book and not be challenged to reflect more. Happy reflecting!

October 31, 2007 2:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home