Saturday, November 03, 2007

Joyfully Weak

Some days ago, while I was spending time with God recollecting the events that had taken place in my life. I was just lamenting about the numerous numerous time when I felt so inadequate over numerous numerous challenges in my life.

I find myself falling short in many departments. I should have communicated clearer, planned better, counseled more wisely and led with great diligence.

But it was in the midst of these thoughts that God dropped a rhema thought into my heart. He had purposely allowed these times of inadequacy such that I will learn to go to Him.

For when I truly weak, then I will become strong because I learn to depend on Him. If I had been strong throughout, then I might have probably become weak due to my self-dependence and reliance.

That revelation brought me plenty of joy because I know that I will truly be God-adequate, strong-in-Him and divinely wise when I go to the ultimate Source! The joy that it brings me is simply incomprehensible.

No wonder, Paul would write that he would boast all the more gladly and delight in weakness, insults, hardships and the whole works.

My prayer is not that God will take away every challenge and difficulty in my life but that He will grant me enough wisdom to always run to and depend on Him in both good and bad times!

May your prayers be likewise!

2 Corinthians 12:7-10
7To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Recreation Corner said...

With you on this. Amen.

November 04, 2007 1:23 am  
Blogger Brenda, said...

A hearty AMEN! =)

November 04, 2007 3:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last fri, the CG I attended was also sharing on this passage. What a timely confirmation.
:)

Have a blessed week
Your evil twin.
:D

November 05, 2007 9:36 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Amen to all your amens! You enjoy your week too Jeff!

November 05, 2007 10:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hellow.. for MU fans, you can download the screensaver @ ur pc... its free :)

http://www.screenza.com/sku.php?CatalogueID=6378

November 05, 2007 2:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have we learnt to DEPEND on God? is something someone asked me... and I realised that while we keep saying it, it really takes something to really DEPEND on God.. I guess it's a life-long learning process. And at the end GOD will still be with you, whether you depended fully on him or only by the skin of your teeth. But to impact others' lives more, and have a more joyful life, we need to DEPEND on God. Thanks for sharing so honestly. We love you. You are a reflective learner.

November 11, 2007 3:44 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Thanks anonymouses.

Anonymous 1, thanks for the MU site. It will certainly bless many Man U fans out there :)

Anonymous 2, thanks for the very kind words. Let's all learn to live honest and authentic lives together.

November 11, 2007 1:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home