Monday, November 26, 2007

Hope Centre & Trust Fall

Last Saturday, I was there to celebrate Hope Centre’s 10th anniversary at Nanyang Polytechnic. It was a very warm day and all the people that were completely fried and hang out to dry. It was really a fun day out in the sun!

There were song and dance presentations. In line with the celebration, Hope Centre had set out to set a new record for the most numbers of trust fall within an hour. The goal set was to do 1000 within 60 minutes.

This was certainly the main event for the day.

All the participants were approaching it with great enthusiasm. All in all, after an hour of hardwork, we set a new record of 2736 trust falls in one hour!



Some were really nervous about doing it. One of my colleagues did not even dare to do it. I encouraged him and I hope that he would have eventually done at least one!

I got into the act as well and I did around 6 falls. I was more confident when the guys were catching me. When the girls wanted to catch me, I was a bit nervous that they could not hold up all my weighty muscles, I swung my arm a bit and accidentally hit a girl’s head. So sorry ;)

The NYP group that was rather slow. Others were already doing up to 80 falls while they had only done 18. The reason was that they did not have enough catcher. I was roped in to help and I must say that it was really hardwork as some of them were really heavy.

We managed to set a rather high record because of some of the guys and army groups. They were really smart in serial trust falling. Watch the video below and you will know what I mean!



Happy 10th birthday Hope Centre!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Ps Jeff
my comment has nothing to do with your post :) just want to acknowledge the tremendous support i receive from you. i am truly grateful. your help gives me strength to keep going in fulfilling the Great commission.

thank you Ps Jeff!

November 26, 2007 3:34 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hi Angela, I am glad to be able to serve in any way. The pleasure really is mine.

Let's fulfil God's plan together with the rest of the gang. We are in this together!

November 26, 2007 11:07 am  
Blogger Tiger said...

wah... so cool hehe...
u should put a video of you doing also :)

December 01, 2007 1:27 am  
Blogger Hiew Hong Teck said...

Most of the time we may not have a problem of trusting the person will catch us but if the person is strong enough to do so.

So we should (be determined) to be "light". And I don't just mean physically.

December 01, 2007 2:29 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hey Tiger, I would have put it up if I had gotten someone to film it down. BTW, it was nice to spend some time in chatting on previous Sunday :)

Thanks for the tip HT. I am definitely not light physically but will do my bets to be light in other ways... hope you had a wonderful retreat last week!

December 04, 2007 8:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home