Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Feed A Flu, Starve A Fever

While I was having dinner with my family on Sunday, my sister said something very profound (at least to me it is).

She said that the way to curing fever and flu is that we should feed a flu while starve a fever. That is to say that when we are having a flu, we should eat more to get rid of the flu. While we are running a fever, we should not eat so that it would get better.

I told her that this is the first time that I am hearing this but she told me that it was common knowledge.

Anyhow, hope this bring insight for those of you who on my side of the continuum. While those of you who already know it, perhaps you can attest to this truth. But for the most part of it, stay healthy!

And one more thing... it is better to catch a flu than to run a fever as you can at least pig out :)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know, but is it useful really?? I just got flu for 9 days already still fluing. maybe can try out!!

February 24, 2009 6:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea pastor ! is common knowledge.. ha..but i would rather have fever than flu.. flu is terrible ! Dont you think so !?

February 24, 2009 11:38 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Do try it out and let me know the outcome. Hope you get well soon :)

Hey Lennon, I did not know that this is common knowledge. I am behind on this. I would rather stay healthy!

February 25, 2009 7:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what if the flu comes with fever?
usually it does

February 25, 2009 8:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what if the flu comes with fever?
usually it does

February 25, 2009 8:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes normally is one package. but this time round i get only flu parcel and just recovered from it.

February 26, 2009 1:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not nail this "flu & fever" issue on the cross? Some other churches have put in practice the "healing rooms" concept - where a team of volunteers/elders will pray for the sick in a comfortable & confidential environment on a regular basis.

Many of us may be struggling with our illnesses for many years in silence - toggling between stoic belief and disappointment. Maybe it's time we put James 5:14-15 into practice.

February 26, 2009 7:04 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

If flu and fever come together, eat normally? I am also not sure man :)

Yes, we need to pray. We need to have the habit of seeking God for healing in all our meetings. It is a good reminder.

February 27, 2009 9:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home