Thursday, July 27, 2006

You Cannot Outgive God...

I am really amazed with God. Yesterday, I got to know that a particular person had a financial need. Claudia and I decided to bless this person with a certain amount of money. We care for and love this person and thus we want to be a blessing. Like we have always said, "We are blessed to be a blessing".

In fact, I was quite excited to give as I took my lunch hour to drive to a mall (I usually do not travel under the hot Singapore afternoon sun for lunch). I went for lunch as well as to the Automatic Teller Machine to get the cash. Claudia and I were both really happy to give to this person.

Then on that particular evening, we were pleasantly surprised when we were given a brand new DVD player of the latest model. It costs double of what we give to the person. The DVD player has the whole works (which most of them I will never know how to use).

Don't get me wrong; we did not give to get. That's not true giving. We simply give to bless but we just cannot outgive God!

God blesses us when we give out of a pure motive. God may bless us in a material way or otherwise. In fact, the joy of being able to give is a reward by itself.

To reap, we must first sow!

6 Comments:

Blogger PSPT said...

amen! Pastor, you are always walking with God =] God will surely bless you. God is with you..! all the way for Jesus!!

July 28, 2006 12:13 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Thanks Abigail for your kind and encouraging words.

July 28, 2006 10:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is being viewed by many oredi. And word spread fast man. Uncle.. u are the man. Man U!

July 29, 2006 8:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 09, 2006 12:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

August 12, 2006 2:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

August 17, 2006 8:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home