Saturday, August 12, 2006

Introducing Hope Prague

After the preaching in all the Saturday services, I finally had some time to just blog my wonderful time in Prague.

Prague is the capital city of the Czech Republic. Prior to this trip, I only know that Milan Baros, Pavel Nedved and Skoda are Czech products.

Upon arrival in Prague, Pastor Prakich and Pastor Andre (pronounced as "On-Dra") picked Claudia and I from the airport. Our Czech church is around 15-20 people strong and Andre told us that we would be having our service later in the afternoon. That's Andre with the guitar.
















It was most exciting to me to see how Europeans ran their services. It was just different but no less life-transforming and refreshing. Pastor Prakich taught about Judas Iscariot and how we could learn lessons of what not to do from his life.

Thereafter, we went for a walk in the woods. Apparently, Europeans love to walk. They consider walking a leisure while many in Singapore consider it a form of punishment. We walked for around 3-4 km as we talked and shared our life stories with one another.

I was having jet-lag and I had a very fun but challenging time conversing with a very inquisitive Czech brother that speaks very little English. I mostly listened and tried my best to connect in between very short breaths.

Two female leaders from Hope Germany was challenged by God's vision to relocate themselves to Prague. They obeyed God's call to stengthen Hope Prague. These are ordinary people that do great exploits for Jesus.

Below are two pictures from our walk...
















Andre also informed me the team that came out tops in both the rap and breakdancing competition in Prague are members of our church. I was really excited to meet this cool dudes and breakdance with them. Perhaps I could teach them a thing or two...

1 Comments:

Blogger yeu@nn said...

"I was really excited to meet this cool dudes and breakdance with them. Perhaps I could teach them a thing or two..."

Don't break your legs, Pastor! haha... ;D

August 16, 2006 12:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home