Monday, December 31, 2007

Jones The Grocer

There is this place that has fascinated me for some time already. It is a very spacious and bright eating place. It is a most wonderful place to just sit around and chat.

It carries many wonderful looking types of food ranging from ice-cream to raw beef to coffee & tea to all types of vinegar to desserts.

It even has a special cheese room. Enter at your own risk…. the cheese smell is really strong!

So recently, I stepped in for a sample. This happens to be a very Aussie type of eating place. LO would certainly love it!

We ordered some type of special rocket salad served with wagyu beef. We also ordered another salad made of some kind of special organic cheese with balsamic vinegar plus some walnut stuff. Let me tell you this…. I hate them all!

It was cold and it tasted very unusual. The wagyu beef were raw! It is just not my type of food.

The other two orders that I was more willing to eat were some orange and duck ham (I am not kidding you!) and some sausage thingy.

Please don’t misunderstand me. I am not some kind of China Ah Pek that eats only Chinese food. I do eat food of all nationalities. After all, I want to be a global Christian! But these food that I ordered need some getting used to.

However, there is a sliver lining among the dark clouds. The mocha was really good. In fact, it was one of the best that I have ever tried. I did not eat any dessert but I would certainly eat them the next time I visit this place.

In fact, I will only go for the dessert and coffee the next time I am there.

They served home made white chocolate rocky road, brownie, apple crumble, some pistachio dessert and even whole pieces of harden chocolate fudge!

Enjoy… but it would only be the desserts and coffee for me...

http://www.jonesthegrocer.com/



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pastor Jeff

How divine? Chanced upon Jones the Grocer on Sunday night 30 Dec 07. Dempsey is really quite developed now with a lot of makan and drinking places.

The decor at Jones the Grocer is clean and simple but their things are not cheap. Did not manage to try anything there but just browsed around.

Did you check out Ben and Jerrys? Nice cosy spot to just chill out! Happy New Year!

Cheers.

January 01, 2008 3:57 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

haha Joyce... Jones The Grocer is not that expensive. Claudia and I shared 4 dishes plus one mocha for arond $30 plus.

Apparently, eating in there is quite affordable. To buy the merchandise there would be more costly.

Yes, I love the Ben & Jerry's place. It is worthwhile way to get fat!

January 01, 2008 11:01 pm  
Blogger Chloe Chen said...

Hi Pastor Jeff,
I went to dempsey on sat n i highly recommend PS cafe which has a very nice veranda where u can enjoy a cup of tea n some dessert n feel like u r far far away from city Singapore. Prime Society serves nice steak n ribs too. Have a blessed year ahead with loads of great food :)
huijun

January 02, 2008 8:54 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hi Hui Jun, I visited PS Cafe recently. Yean Shien gave us a superb treat there.

It was a most wonderful dining experience. I had a most enjoyable time there.

The food and the ambience was really good.

But you have to pay for these good stuff though...

January 03, 2008 12:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home